Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Tkaraoke
HOLY FREEKING HECK!!!!!!!!!

That has to the the coolest Halloween thing I've seen *EVER*! I have a friend who has a projector but sadly I don't think she would let me use that AND a big screen just for my pumpkin display.

...but that would be wicked cool!
By GUS
Well folks if you want small & compact check out the new mobile phone(ish) size 3m projector only a couple of hundred bucks led powered.

I now have the big scream tv vol 1 the boo tube, & vol 3 crystal balls, they're a bit corny but the overall effect is very good & easy to achieve, so I highly recommend it for the end result!

ps the untame version is tame! ..suitable for all but the pink princesses in life!
duration of both around 20 mins.
By Sind3315
zombiepumpkins wrote:I found a few more spooky DVDs to have running in the background during your carving/Halloween parties. These are the coolest DVDs yet for this sort of thing. Check out the demo video at the bottom of each of these pages:

Virtual Possessed Paintings DVD

Virtual Dead Sea Aquarium DVD

Virtual Formaldehyde DVD

Virtual Tombstones DVD
I just have to say that these are quite possibly the coolest things ever... At least from the demo that I saw... A must for playing in the background.... Ryan, you're my hero. :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I recently got my copy of the Hallowindow DVD. A quality product, I must say. If you like the illustrated style of these animations, you should be pleased.

Just be aware that there are 2 animations on the disc, each about 2 minutes long. And 4 extras that basically repeat one of the scenes on a loop (spiders, ghosts, etc).

The entire animations are shown in the sample videos on the site, so don't expect a ton of footage you can just sit down and watch. But for it's intended purpose of projecting in your window on Halloween, a 2 minute animation is probably long enough for passing trick-or-treaters. Wouldn't want it to be too engrossing, or they might set up lawn chairs and turn your front yard into a makeshift drive-in theater.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
Sock knockingly good Ryan, though the ownership/ power from a projector makes me question my green credibility, love it want it, can't let myself..
By amandap80
Has anyone had any luck with finding more of these types of products?
By Lala
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I'd say the best bet is AtmosFEARfx. They have tons of good stuff for different uses. The one closest to my original request in this thread is probably their "Terrorvision."

I found 6 different ones at Fred Meyer yesterday. I just wish I could watch the entire thing before buying it :-(
By amandap80
I haven't really found one that suits me yet. I am very low-key, think atmospheric without being over the top, very old-fashioned spooky. I don't want any blood or demons, and no singing jack-o-lanterns or business like that. I want fog creeping on the ground, the wind blowing in the trees, maybe bats flying across the moon, a flickering jack. I found this video, which is KINDA what I want, but no movement and not enough images:

I think I may sic husband on this project to make me something.
I see, you want something a little more mellow and moody, Amanda. I like some of the short clips on the Hallowindow DVDs (some of which you can download). I often use these projects myself, because they're somewhat subtle and just loop, so it's not distracting like some of the wilder ones.

For example...

How about these ghosts that float around slowly:

Or an endless march of zombie shadows:

Of flames that make ghostly shapes like skulls: