Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Yes. . you read that right! In the basement at our new house, we have a kitchen. . which we are transforming into our carving zone!!!

Here is the progress so far!

The Beginning

Now I have to decide if I should paint this wall and the one behind the cabinets black and outline the grout lines with the orange paint. . . Thoughts?

Last edited by Kittie on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By wookie66
Looks great so far can't wait to see the finished product. Having a room with the right ambience is a must for carving.
By wookie66
Having the walls black might make it a bit to dark, how about orange with black outline and on each block on the wall have some sort of pumpkin design.
By nosferatu
Love the crackle effect on the paint!
By Kittie
Well. . we did this. . and the lines are actually going to match the red of the counter! hehehe

By wookie66
Now that i have seen it i like the black and with the red outline it will look amazing.
By ghostface
Wow this looks amazing! Can't wait to see it it when it is finished!!
By monstermash
You're so lucky to have such a great space dedicated to carving. Your own mad scientist dungeon or pumpkin torture chamber if you will. I'd have skelletons and all manner of creature down there all year round. Cobwebs, candles, potions and poisons, jars of goodness knows what. Just don't let your neighbours see it between the months of November and September. :lol:
Great work so far. :)
By Kittie
Oh yes, this will be my year round Halloween room for sure! We were a bit short on time this year, but we have many plans for the future. When we first looked at this house to buy it. . I told my husband. . . OMG check out this space for carving pumpkins!! hehehheh
By SuperSonic
Absolutley fantastic!!! I wish I had a place like this.
By CorpseBride
Ok so I have a proposition for you. Are you up for adopting a female in her late 20's and her 3-ish son? We do windows :D
By Kittie
I do have a full kitchen in my basement. . along with two bedrooms, and a door that leads outside! :)
By monstermash
I'll take one of those rooms if you don't mind. :lol:
By Kittie
:) I still have more work to do down there!
By Raven
I really love the crackle paint. It makes it look old and spooky.

Etsy (and I'm sure other sites) has a lot of cool Halloween wall decals.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php? ... ade&page=2

Of course, you could put a lot of ZP patterns on the black walls too.