Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By monstermash
I just drew some teeth shapes on to the unpainted skulls. Take the glue gun in hand and fill in the shapes with a little blob of glue and there you have it.

I took a couple of crappy shots of the graveyard layout for this year. I was positioning the stones so I could put their stakes into the ground. It will save me lots of time on the day of the party.
Shot from a distance.
**As always, click to enlarge**

A closer shot of a few of the stones. All the same as last year. I had to touch up alot of them and ive added some moss. The moss doesn't grow where it naturally should but im hoping no one will be looking that closely.

Lots of thing to add to the graveyard on the day to maximise creepiness. Loads more leaves. Lots of candles. Some grounbreakers, a coffin etc etc.
By ghostface
Awesome job!
By monstermash
So far the weather looks promising. Got a 45ft x 30ft tarpaulin to put up anyway. Just in case. Ive changed the name of this thread by the way now that ive actually decided on how I wil be displaying my kins. :)

I will of course put up finished pics of the graveyard and the walls. I put all of the stakes in the ground today for the walls and pillars. 22 in total, should hold everything in place.
By CombichristGirl
wow just wow great work! claps hands im loving it and the ideas:)
By Ajax
Amazing set up.
By nosferatu
Fabulous stuff MM. I love the garden and the graveyard. Also like the addition of the football in the border :lol:

Fab stuff.I hope the weather holds for you and you have a great time. Your display will be stunning and worth all that hard work. If I were you, I would be extremely proud of what I had achieved.
By S.A.M
Wow it looks superb monstermash, it's gonna be amazing with all the finishing touches in place I can't wait to see it all, take plenty of pics :D :D
By monstermash
Terrible news. I wont go on about it but the weather was utterly crap on the day of my party. This meant that I couldn't put up my walls for my kin display. I was and still am devistated. I put so much work into them. You just can't rely on the weather in bloody annoying Scotland. I was so close to throwing in the towel completely and not bothering with the party at all. My arm was twisted and I put on a face for the party. Pretty depressed about the whole thing. Totally put a damper on it for me. I can't even look at my walls, its too sad. :cry:

I threw some sort of graveyard together but wasn't in the mood. Ive made a party thread in the parties bit of the forum so you can see pics there. Still pi**ed off though. :lol: :cry:
By nosferatu
Gutted for you.

At least you have them ready for next year which means your display will be even more impressive as you will have time to make additional props.
By monstermash
Yeah I was thinking that about about next year. Although at this point I don't feel like having another one but I know by about July next year the cogs will start turning again. I need to seriously think about covering the whole garden area so its got a sort of roof over it. You should have seen our tarpauling rig up over the graveyard this year. It was crazy, far too dangerous in high winds.