Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By The Captain
For the pumpkins on the Tree were not mere pumpkins. Each had a face sliced into it. Each face was different. Every eye was a stranger eye. Every nose was a weirder nose. Every mouth smiled hideously in some new way. There must have been a thousand pumpkins on this tree, hung high and on every branch. A thousand smiles. A thousand grimaces. And twice-times-a-thousand glares and winks and blinks and leerings of freshcut eyes.And as the boys watched, a new thing happened.The pumpkins began to come alive.

Ray Bradbury, The Halloween Tree

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29082557@N ... 2216/show/

Sorry for being AWOL this year, life has been busy this year more so than in past years. Late Happy Halloween everyone!
By jen d.
Wow!! This definitely explains why you've been awol. ;) The decorations look incredible... the time and effort. The groundbreakers are breathtaking, I'm in love. :D
By GUS
welcome back captain, the zombie captain is superb, whats the story with all your display this year! ..which looks an absolute triumph by the way, ..was it "build trick or treaters & they will come" ?
By The Captain
Thanks Jen :D My wife Jen helped a TON with the tree.

Mark, most of the zombies are from prior years. The "kids", Mr. Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud and the Halloween Tree are all new this year.

Gus, I didn't really have a theme this year. I guess the theme was The Halloween Tree. The Halloween Tree is a book by Ray Bradbury and also a cartoon. I kind of used the cartoon version for the 4 kids, because in the book there are eight boys. Great book and cartoon if you have never seen or read it, I highly recommend both.

Page, Thanks! We got so many wonderful comments on the tree from everyone who saw it, the photos do not do it justice at all.

Here is a link to the cartoon, worth checking out if you love Halloween!
http://jasonemartin.blogspot.com/2009/1 ... r-8th.html
By pagemaster1993
The Captain wrote:Page, Thanks! We got so many wonderful comments on the tree from everyone who saw it, the photos do not do it justice at all.
Photos never really do anything justice compared to being up close and actually seeing it. I'm going to have to read the Halloween Tree now. I already read Fahrenheit 451 and loved it.
By CorpseBride
Wow! Fantastic job!!! I cannot wait to live in a real house merely for the sole purpose of stellar Halloween decorations :D I love your setup!!!!!!