Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Chewy
I did a test fire with mine a few nights ago. Not sure about the projector specs (but will find out - it's a loaner - it's a few year old very small Sony unit) - it worked spectacularly well on our window (and, because i didnt have a white sheet, we used a light blue one - which didnt seem to really have a significant impact either

This has me thinking that if you're going to get a projector, get one that suits your needs for everything else (I can see the specs being critical if you're going to use it for movies or presenting) & plan to use it without fear (muahaha!) for Hallowindow...

my two cents worth at least
By Chewy
Will have to set a reminder for myself to order the new one for next year. Hallowindow IV was a huge hit here this year. People were drawn to the pumpkins & fog wafting across the road, commented on the soundtrack being pumped out from the garage & the parents would make comments like "holy **** [pick an expletive, I heard them all last night] look at the window!"... The kids, not so much, the littler ones just stood there with their mouths open. LOL

Booyah!
By mesmark
I bought hallowindow 1-3 last year but didn't get around to organizing a way to use it.

This year we put together a big sheet using some cheap fabric and displayed the Hallowindow videos for 2 nights. It was great. My kids loved it.

I'll probably order #4 and/or the next one later.

I would love to get a version will all of them playing continuously.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Since we project Hallowindow on a second floor window, I hear a lot of comments like "I could see that from way down the street!" It's a good way to draw some attention to your house.

Although, I always wonder if it takes focus away from my pumpkins (which I spend hours and hours carvings). Trick-or-treaters approach and say, "Oh, look at these pumpk.... OH!!! Wait, no, look at that WINDOW!!!!!"
By sloaner
I had more people commenting on the pumpkins than on the window.