Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CombichristGirl
ok i cant take pics as i dont have my phone on me. but i was at the dollar store and they had flower urns very similar to these. mine are white i want to make a sort of voo doo type stone and decor but i wanted to see whta you guys think? should i leave them white should i do them like stone should i try patina like gold/brass/copper(any of those) with some green? what do you think?

my b link fixed stupid url thingy at the end was messing it up lol
By zombombie
I don't think leaving them all white would work, not if you're going for a voodoo effect. I think some skulls could work - if you wanted to add colour, just make the skulls bright green or something!
By GUS
BLACKLIGHT SET UP!!!!!!
By punchi
yeah, I would paint them. I don't know what they're made of, but there's that acrylic crackle paint stuff.
By purple1worm
The crackle spray paint could work! Get a cool affect!
By hkzombie
Definetly paint them in gaudy, earth tones so they look dirtied up and old. I like the idea of crackle paint and black lights. You can also find toy snakes, rats, and spiders that look like they're crawling out of the vase. To make an impact you can probably get some red paint or fake blood and slap it on there with a paint brush or apply the nozzle/opening of the bottle onto the vase surface so you can get a trickle effect. :D
By CombichristGirl
oh thank for all the ideas!! i think im gonna do a little bit of all. they are plastic :). i finally gotg my phone to charge so ill post a pic when i get to work :lol:
By jen d.
Wax candle drippings would look amazing hanging off of these!