Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CorpseBride
I just picked up an awesome image projector with sound. The unit comes with 6 slides (I plan on making some more on my own!) and the images have a eerie rippling effect complete with glowing eyes. The sound is pretty cool too, it is a short loop but it is very Halloween. You can control whether there is sound or not, as well as the volume.

At first I was unsure of how well it would actually work, because more often than not when I purchase items like these I am usually disappointed with the quality. Not this time though! It was well worth the money!!

I purchased it today at wal-mart for the 39.97 it says on the package.

My apologies for the low quality images, I have a lot to do today so I had to do some very quick scans :D

If you guys are interested in the product and want to see it in action I would be more than happy to take a short video to show you.
By monstermash
Looks good. Making your own slides should be good too.
I fancied getting a projector to screen maybe Frankenstein or Nosferatu or Vampyr on a large part of my house wall. I wouldn't have any sound, just the film playing, sort of as a decoration rather than something party guests would sit and watch.
By Pumpkin Head
Sweet pick up, Corpse Bride! I'm gonna have to take a trip to the local Wallmart. :D
By GUS
I'd love to see it in action, always nice to play with toys, ..upload her to the toob!!!
By CombichristGirl
sweet! how come i didnt notice this thread before? lol anyways how would you go about making a slide im very interested :wink: :)
By CorpseBride
GUS wrote:I'd love to see it in action, always nice to play with toys, ..upload her to the toob!!!
Okie dokie!! Will do some time this week :D

In the mean time here is a so-so vid that shows one of the slides:

CCG:

You need to find a 'photography processing' store ... they usually also sell cameras, but if they don't they will have a processing store they work with and can give you a reference. I find it is best to find those small camera shops where all the die hard 35mm-ers hangout :wink:

Unfortunately, you may have to send your 'photos' to a different city for processing now, so it may take awhile.
By CombichristGirl
ohhhh i see i get it now lol. i do have a photo place near here i think hmm may have to have a look. do they need to be a certain size/shape or can they be close? id imagine you could just trim? im very interested in this because i do pretty much nothing with the front of my house
By GUS
if you take an interesting spooky picture , get it made into a slide, then you can use your MATHMOS space projector & oil wheel with it, as it's made with a regular slide carrier.
eg, take a pic of the frankenstien silhouette invert it, then the moving oil is within the clear frankensteins monster with a black outer..

(for instance) ..go on nos, show em what I mean.
By CorpseBride
CombichristGirl wrote:ohhhh i see i get it now lol. i do have a photo place near here i think hmm may have to have a look. do they need to be a certain size/shape or can they be close? id imagine you could just trim? im very interested in this because i do pretty much nothing with the front of my house
Well the way this machine takes the slides is portrait...so i would make sure they are in that format...unless while you had it on you just turned the machine on it's side or something if you really want landscape. Am I even making any sense? lol....very tired here.

Say what Gus? What is this contraption you speak of?
By GUS
CB, google it
Mathmos (as in Barbarella) ..the originators of the lava lamp, it's an oil wheel projector

Linky linky...

http://www.mathmos.com/usa/erol.html#1X0

I have around 50 lava lamps by these folk, & a couple of space projectors, tey are superb in a kids room at night time & somewhat soothing / mesmerizing, low power too.

just put em somewhere safe where little hands cannot grab / touch.

then if they ever grow out of it, you get it back for yourself!