Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By snow2alike
You did a great job --- looks fantastic !!

(and I love Jack on anything)
By salemblack
I recommend this site for all sorts of amazing and very strange things. Dont know if you have been to it but I can say that the foot controlled variable speed dremel at the top of the page is outstanding for all kinds of things. Explore this site if you never have. The have stuff like glass syringes and glass slides and test tubes. This place is great for odd and good priced crafting fodder.

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/category/119
By purple1worm
Wow! Those are goergous!! Love the colors of the nightmare before x-mas one!
By CombichristGirl
just cheap paint brushes and cheap sponge brushes. for paint just plain old acrylics with some mixing to match a color i like or watering it down. and for techniques well there are many possible steps involved. also depending on how you "shape" the stone before will play a part in the way the coloring will sit on the stone. any more ?s or anything just ask away :)

quick edit: just an FYI for everyone i noticed my nmbc tombstone looks a bit lik emy greeny ones. thats just the lighting because the sponging is actually grey kk bye :)
By CorpseBride
LOVE! 8)

I really like the Clara tombstone. How was it working with the foam compared to styrofoam? And does it hold up better/worse? I really think I would like to try it.
By suzika
I love them. Someday I'll have a house with storage so i can make stuff like this, although it will never be as awesome.
By CombichristGirl
CorpseBride wrote:LOVE! 8)

I really like the Clara tombstone. How was it working with the foam compared to styrofoam? And does it hold up better/worse? I really think I would like to try it.
its a world of difference so much easier to get details and a little bit less mess. i worked with Styrofoam last year. im spoiled this year. you should give a try youll love it!!!!!

suzika: you will and youll make awesome tombstones !!! and remember its not just for stones you make make anout anything with it :)
By mesmark
CBG - it's all looking great! The book cover and to tombstones are awesome. I like Jack's collar on the book. It gives it that 3D effect which makes it more life-like.
CombichristGirl wrote:remember its not just for stones you make make about anything with it :)
Agreed. once you start playing with foam, you realize just about anything is possible with foam, paint and some time.
By Nikki
Loving all of the tombstones. I would give you three thumbs up but I only have two :lol:

I am jealous of your creativity and time to do all of this wonderful work!
By CorpseBride
CombichristGirl wrote:
CorpseBride wrote:LOVE! 8)

its a world of difference so much easier to get details and a little bit less mess. i worked with Styrofoam last year. im spoiled this year. you should give a try youll love it!!!!!
Awesome! I have enough styrofoam left for about 3 more stones...so next year I am going to try foam for sure! Thanks for your input :D
By Raven
Do you have the whole display set up yet, or are you waiting for Halloween? I would love to see pics of everything put together and set up. Those grave stones are awesome!
By CombichristGirl
it's almost done :) i have a few more things to add but i will post pics soon :)
thankls for all the compliments :)
By Kittie
Love it!
I can't believe that it was 4 years ago we did our foam toombstones!