A little update:
I've finished the drawing part of the backdrop. My wife just needs to sew the pieces together. I also made the doorway, so the stage is pretty much finished.
The door way:
I made a wide flat face and then a small board to be added like the lip
You can see it here. The lip is going to give the wall "depth" to the viewers. It will make the wall look less flat. (I'm hoping)
I added some little pieces to the back for support
Here it is put together
Here it is with fabric stretched around it.
Behind the doorway, I'll have a black curtain with the sarcophagus. it may look more like small cubby for the sarcophagus, more so that another room.
I bought some more fabric and since we're pretty much done, I'm going to try and make some pillars to go in the middle of the stage flanks to add to the depth and visually fill the space.
I'm going to make a couple large vases and hopefully all that gets done this weekend. Then we can focus on adding some smaller details and stuff.