Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By CombichristGirl
UPDATES a few posts down. i dont know why these pics arent showing up right now i double checked everything ?!?
Trying to get an early start this year lol justgot started today.more photos to come

LOOK DOWN FOR PHOTOS
Last edited by CombichristGirl on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:48 am, edited 21 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Off to a great start, that's a nice rack o' ribs. What construction materials are you using?
By CombichristGirl
so far an old stick like tree branch stick as the spine. a small semi molded piece of chicken wire for the ribcage itself. right now im using paper towels for main construction, hence the floral pattern lol. i do at least try to put the paper towling on backwards though. im gonna do arms and head today wrap some more paper towls and probably finish with some toilet paper and string and stuff for effects. and as glue for now im just using good old school glue with water. i may try some more mache, but also using that paper pulp stuff if i can get some lol.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cool, just goes to show you don't need fancy specialty products to make yourself a corpse. Even basic household paper products and adhesives can make a zombie rise.

And I noticed the floral pattern on the paper towels, how charming. ;) I actually bought a large package of paper towels and when I got home I was disappointed to realize that they were covered with pink flowers. Why don't they sell paper towels (year round) with skulls and bats!
By nosferatu
Lookin good already. I can't wait to see how that head turns out.
By CombichristGirl
UPDATE: I'm slowly working on it lol.I'm uploading this from the lab as we speak ha ha
By nosferatu
Love the teeth! Are they made out of false nails? Cool idea - they look great
By GUS
Love the progress , love the way a cruddy poly wig head thingy can be transformed into a visually appealing prop on the cheap.
teeth are hot melt shaped stick ends right??
By CombichristGirl
ha ha close guys :)
it's tube silicone. i ran a few beads of it across a piece of plastic waited for it to dry and just kinda crudely cut them out and glued them with more silicone.
although either of your ideas can work well :)
it just happens that my dad gets tubes of silicone from his work so i just used it. i like that its so flexible making them less likely to come off while im working on it :)
im actually starting to be proud of this thing lol :P
By CombichristGirl
updates 2:
may be its just me but right now none of my images are showing upin my first post, just the img tags?
oh well if you can see it here is more updates
a tombstone using 1/2 inch foamular. first time working with the good foam.....im spoiled lol i swear that it is not quite that green/bright in real life lol. i wanna do some actual tim burton style ones and also a lighted enter sign for my walkthrough but still mowing over just how i want to proceed because i have found several possibilities
had some scrap pieces of coarse lol so i thought i do use these pieces and this was my answer lol quick and dirty
still not done by far but moving along nicely and will have some more pics later today or tonight :)
By CombichristGirl
UPDATE 3: still moving slowly. my aunt lost her battle with cancer(not without a damn good fight though) so i will have more night time to work on things :)
here are some new photos since the old ones wont show up
i decided since i was poor i would use scrap foam and make a router for my dremel... it has 2 settings lmao. anyways my dad felt bad and got me a real one so im good now lol but here we go
my tombstone with some moss
a sign im going to post out front
another to go with it like those signs that point all different directions sort of
an entrance sign im working on wich will be lit up inside hence the tinfoil for reflection. it will be painted to look like rusty metal.... i hope anyway. i havent tried that look before
made some bolts and some holes to place these wooden screw caps i had laying around. they will be painted to look like rivets again hopefully
By GUS
superb, the scrollwork lettering is sublime!
By CombichristGirl
thank you gus. i am in love with the router and dont know how i lived before hand lol.
now to get a pumpkin gutter lol. my carpel tunnel cant take the punishment i gave it last year.
the last day of carving, the first pumpkin i did i actually cried because my hands and wrists hurt so bad.
i learn each year though so between that and the things i have learned this year should come out a bit better.

i need to come up with another sign to go with my stuff not sure yet tossing some ideas around though. i did light my sign last night so i will post some pics of that later and hopefully some other stuff