Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By purple1worm
wow 20 pumpkins!! Have fun!!
By Raven
Very nice! I am feeling so pumpkin deprived with all these pictures. I may have to go on the hunt again and hope I find more.
By Cheef
o actually have a group of friends come over for a carving party. its a lot of fun..
By CombichristGirl
mmmmmmm........thats how i get every time i walk out and see all of myne :)
By nosferatu
They look great Cheef. I too am having a carving party but so far have only sourced TWO pumpkins. The ones in the supermarkets all seem to be really small or damaged.

I can't wait to see your kins carved
By monstermash
Lovely kins Cheef. Ive never had a carving party but i bet its a good laugh.
Im not mentioning the sorry state of my kins as every time i do another one rots! Its like im cursed :x
Nos, have you no farms near you that grow their own? Supermarkets are terrible around me too so ive had to drive an hour and a half to the nearest farm for my lot.
By Cheef
We actually have two farm markets that sell produce for about six months a year up through Halloween. They do the whole field trip thing for school kids, etc.. So you got to get there in the morning for the good stuff. I did notice a huge difference in quality between the two farms though. In the pic the ones on top are WAY nicer than the ones on the bottom. They were bought at the separate farms.

Their both way better than last year though. Last year was so wet in October I couldn't get a kin to stay good for longer than 2 - 3 days due it being so moldy and mushy from the crappy weather. this year has been great.. Likely the best year Ive seen here for pumpkins since i started getting a lot of them for Halloween 4 - 5 years ago..

As for the carving Party, I always do it on the 29th of October. The wife puts a BIG pot of soup on and we have plenty of hot and cold beverages. I have I believe 10 people coming over this year. Some will do 2 pumpkins which means I will likely have to personally carve maybe 4 of them this year, which with my joint issues is more than enough.. I should have close to 30 when its all done with the funkins and paper pumpkins i made. I am going out with a bang as the house is going on the market in a couple weeks and I likely be in a apartment this time next year while I am going to this school I want to attend in San Diego.
By nosferatu
Gourd luck Cheef with the Pumpkin Party and good luck with all your other curricular activities
By SuperSonic
nosferatu wrote:They look great Cheef. I too am having a carving party but so far have only sourced TWO pumpkins. The ones in the supermarkets all seem to be really small or damaged.

I can't wait to see your kins carved
I got lucky with my kins from the store they were all a good size and not damaged :) hope you have a bit more luck finding a few more kins lying around Nos