Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By paddy_babe
erm I havent been to asda recently to confirm but I can say that my local M&S have started (I wouldnt get a lot from them but they had pumpkin jack pinatas :) )

Poundland are always quick off the mark and the one in peterborough already have their bits (I'm getting crepe paper from there for kiddie streamers)

will keep ear to the ground :)
By Hedgewytch13
I rang my local Asda (Grimsby) this morning and their stock is definately not going out this weekend :( It hasn't been confirmed but probably the following weekend (26th of September).
By nosferatu
We have a Tesco Extra openining on the 21st, they are stocking the shelves as we speak and apparently, they have masses of Halloween tat.

Our local Asda has also delayed Halloween launch as they have too much stuff left over from the barbeque summer that never was and have too much back to school stuff still on the shelves. They have started to discount it heavily though, so hopefully it will all go sooner rather than later
By GUS
Nos apparantly they've been heavily discounting basic BBQ's ..I'm going to check this morning as I'm wanting to smoke some cheese if these are suitable...
On HUKDeals someone posted that there are cheap CARS beach towels & other characters for between 50p - £3.00 store dependent, might be worth a look for cheapy stocking fillers?
I'll collar staff & see if theres been a put-back date for Halloween stock

Hows your Mathmos? have you superimposed a zp pumpkin onto a slide yet & had the oil all whirling around yet?
By nosferatu
Its a present for my daughter on her birthday for her recently decorated bedroom. I have had a go with it myself and will probably buy an extra one at Christmas.

You're right on the barbeques by the way, they must have been cheap because when I went a couple of days ago every other trolley seemed to have one....and I don't think they are expecting another mini heatwave.

I tell you what is great value. Their back to school pens and pencils. 50 colouring pencils are now £1. I bought quite a few packs as my daughter loves arts and crafts and goes through them at quite a pace.
By GUS
best lasting felt tips we've come across are the crayola's ..we used to sell a few, but with supermarket prices it got silly!
..over a year without a lid on it & still working (thin tip washables range) ..meaning excellent VFM.
By paddy_babe
I'll probs be able to confirm tesco in my area by tonight about 'ween stock (going there tonight).
By GUS
Well no confirmation today, as I had to curtail my planned day, with packing unexpected orders & waiting for couriers...
However for those who use dremel drills theres a plethora of accy's in a B&Q clearance, picked up diamond tips, grinding stones, cutters, rubber polisher, emery polishing wheels, brass brushes etc from £0.98p

This week-end we're off to pick up the projector, so will stop off an out of town & check that out..

(still no cheap BBQ) :cry:
By paddy_babe
i'll be popping into asda today to check halloween stuff, will post if stock is out..
By S.A.M
I stopped by my local ASDA this afternoon just to check it out and they've put the Halloween stuff out :D :D
Quite a bit of the same stock from last year but some new things too. Dancing, singing sensor activated figures. There was much more but I can't remember.
I liked the look of the reflective metal skull mask as I could find a use for it in my display, it look quite effective, the pumpkin shaped candles and I quite liked the skeleton hands holding the test tube shaped drinking glass too, at least I think that's what they were :lol:

No pumpkins yet though :)
By monstermash
I know the pound shops up here are bursting with halloween tat. Can't say about the supermarkets though. They seem a bit slow on the up take this year.
By paddy_babe
matalan are now stocking halloween stuff as I mentioned in a different thread (*blush*) will be going tomorrow to check out what stuff is actually on the floor.