Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By SuperSonic
well to start this all off here are three things i have for my house
might get more if my parents dont kill me
Escaping Skeleton grave Scene

3 Skulls with Dripping Dlood i will have two of these things since the first one was shipped broken :cry: (lucky for me the new one was free of charge)
Last edited by SuperSonic on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CombichristGirl
i want one lol. darn it! after seeing that and lookin around i wouldnt mind playing with the black light idea on a few things lol
cant wait to see ur display in action*screams like a school girl* i love halloween so flippin much
By SuperSonic
i cant wait im such a obsessive halloween person im going all out this year 30 pumpkins and a set up :D
By SuperSonic
news from my display i have the first and second of the two links that i posted here in my possesion ill post pics as soon as i find the time to do so im planning on buying three more foamys (foam tombstones) to complete it along with a lil spider that will shimy up and down my motion sensor light which is turned off on halloween along with alot of spiderwebs which i already have ill post my full display a few days before Halloween
Last edited by SuperSonic on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By anjelicax
Cake decoration courses one that comes with a qualification at the end? I really want to do a course in cake decoration, But I'm finding it really hard to find a course in birmingham UK, a lot of colleges either don't do the course or the course has been cancelled or is full. If you know where or any details to someone who does training please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Last edited by anjelicax on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Boy, you sure used the keyword "course" quite a bit there, anjelicax. Since you're a first time poster and writing about a subject that has nothing to do with the thread you are writing in, I suppose your next step will to wait a couple days for this thread to get buried under newer ones, and then you'll come back to add the link to your cake decorating school?
By GUS
call me cynical but that cake post smells staler than spam with frosting on top!
My intelligence is somewhat insulted, if they were at all intelligent , the poster would realise that cake decorating is a course offered by virtually ALL regional colleges in the uk for the past 30+ years.
& bearing in mind the prospectus catalogues are popping through everyones doors right now...

SPAM-DIDDLEY-SPAM, SPAM!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey, whadda ya know... anjelicax did come back and add a bunch of spammy links to the spam post. Now that I've deleted them, I wonder if the spammer will return.

I don't mind if the keywords bring some cake decorator types here. Maybe they'll learn the methods of using stencils on cakes. :wink:
By SuperSonic
one thing id like to know is how my post got spammed and then talking about cakes :P
By SuperSonic
well no time like the present what do you think of my display that will drain my funds Ryan :lol:
By SaneInsideInsanity
Why not make your own tombstones? One of our lovely forum members had a great tutorial on his blog
http://weirdowearingamask.wordpress.com ... ombstones/
The cost on it is like 20 bucks for 3-5 or so of them depending on how big you make them
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Why_So, looks like you're collecting a good variety of tombstones. Of the ones you linked us to, I think I like the "Winged with Moss Tombstone" best. I like that winged skull design on there. Sorta reminds my of the wings and skulls you often used to find on tombstones of the old old days.

There's a small graveyard right down the street from me, that has tombstones from the days of the American Revolutionary War. Some real relics there. Some are super simple, some have the decorative flourishes of that era. I'll have to get down there and take some pics.

I'd like to make some tombstones in that style. And speaking of which, do you think you'll make some of your own props Why_So? Or are you more of a "buy it and get it over with" sorta guy?