Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By GUS
have you got a link to make me compare (& cry) ryan?
Projector prices have dropped overall but the bulbs are killer to replace (& almost impossible to get if it pops in warranty)
By GUS
zombiepumpkins wrote:I got an update email from Mark Gervais, the maker of the Hallowindow, and he says a new version of his DVD project is on the way.
please keep us updated Ryan
By matspud
My uncle uses these projectors...... Wonder when he is going to replace his current one :D :D
By GUS
Judging by the price of 50 inch tv's plasma & lcd I don't think the projector will be viable for that much longer!

was in a re-vamped PC world the other day (re-vamped due to costco making waves in the uk & possibility of Jessops going down soon!

..so the latest big screen tv (plasma) was 63 inches.
basically my arms outstretched was the width of the screen :shock: :shock: :shock:
By GUS
going to look for updates on the site & will list em here if applicable..
By GUS
GUS wrote:
zombiepumpkins wrote:I got an update email from Mark Gervais, the maker of the Hallowindow, and he says a new version of his DVD project is on the way.
please keep us updated Ryan
I checked out the site, showing no updates or release which is a bit worrying! ...Ryan can you clue us in at all?

I'm looking right now for a cheap projector on fleabay, it'll be a darn sight quicker to set up than my room display was last year!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I haven't heard any new updates since that last email I received and mentioned a while back. But based on all those preview image he's posted on Twitter, certainly some great new stuff is being worked on for the '09 version of Hallowindow. I love the new illustrations he's cooked up this year, can't wait to see them in motion. I still don't own a projector, but I might be suckered into picking up his new DVD anyway. Love the visual style.
By GUS
..Please let us know the moment it's released (if poss) judging by the amount of publicity this site gets, I think 09 might be a quick sell out year!
By S.A.M
Oh my goodness I've just seen this thread. Hallowindow looks amazing, I really really would love to set up a display like that.
But obviously a projector would be a bit of an expensive purchase, I wonder if there is anywhere that rents them out?

Do you think the 2009 DVD will include the previous animations too?
By The451Kid
I got the Hallowindow 1 & 2 dvd a few weeks ago and can't wait to display it. I am making a few more NMBC yard decorations and plan to show a clip of the pumpkin king in between the hallowindow animations. I have everything all edited up I just have to wait until October (I would set up it today if my wife would let me.Ha!) Definitely looking forward to Hallowindow 2009.

For anyone in need of a projector I have a Proxima X350 DLP for sale for $260 shipped anywhere in the US. It has less than 1 hour on the bulb and is in excellent condition. Send me a message if your interested.
By S.A.M
I'm starting to wish I never looked at this thread...I've just bought a projector from ebay :D Not that I'm regretting it tbh.
I couldn't help it, I saw Hallowindow and knew right away I wanted to use it.

Yikes so here goes, hope the projector turns up and works alright, UK seller and seems genuine enough.

Zombie Pumpkins, scarecrow, gravestones, ghosts and Hallowindow and that is it for my Halloween 2009 display :D Or is it... :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
If you ever need support in curbing your Halloween decorating addiction, I wouldn't turn to any of us for help. You can count on this forum to be a bad influence. :wink:

I look forward to seeing pictures of your display and hearing about your experience with the projector and Hallowindow. I'm seriously considering breaking down and getting my own projector as well. Besides using it on Halloween, it would go to good use at other times... I'd like to resume our movie nights eventually.
By GUS
They are alot of fun ryan, when i lived in a big london warehouse type flat our living room was around 30 ft long (big for london) so inevitably we got a projector set up along with a home cinemaset up & simply maxxed it out!

people can get too finnicky with regards to quality versus fun!
chicken wire effect ...well either that on a 12ft wide image or a 32 inch tv to view on!

simple choice for fri night film sessions.
By S.A.M
zombiepumpkins wrote: I'm seriously considering breaking down and getting my own projector as well. Besides using it on Halloween, it would go to good use at other times... I'd like to resume our movie nights eventually.
I think that thread helped plant the seed about a projector in the first place. I've never owned one before but always wanted to try one.
At the family BBQ's we managed to fit in this year I kept eyeing the garage wall as a cinema screen. We could have the BBQ and as the evening goes on enjoy a movie/video games outside, dunno if it's possible or not but it helped push me to buy one (along with hallowindow of course).
The model I bought is the Epson EMP-TW20 seems alright but then I'm no expert :lol: