Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Dredge
Ok, so we have small spotlights in the garden on the front of the house. Im thinking I might move one or two to the side of the house, and make a stencil to go over it, so that It projects the image on the side of the house. Question is that they get pretty hot, so I need an idea on something to use for the stencil thats a little more heat resistant than just plastic. Any ideas?

Also has anyone else done this?
By SaneInsideInsanity
if you have a pair of tin snips you can get some thin sheet metal...or even the thick accetate is thicker than normal plastic and someonewhat more durable...or you could cut the stencil out in reverse and paint the pattenr on to the spotlight useing kid's tempura paint and after hallowen wash it off
By purple1worm
If you could find some glass the size of the spotlight and use glass paint. You would normally cook it but since the spotlight is so hot it would cook on anyway. That way you could reuse every year! 8)
By knightofni1275
Black Hi Temp BBQ paint (Tremclad makes a brush on tin of this I'm pretty sure, and can be found at almost any home improvement store)

Like purple1worm said, use another pane of glass in front. Cover it in masking tape, transfer the pattern with carbon paper, and cut the pattern with an x-acto any tape that you leave will be where the light shines through..

Did some glass acid etches and mirror etches this way, and works really well..