Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By The Captain
Wow 75 hits and I haven’t even posted a picture yet. Well here are a few pictures of the start of "Voodoo".

The lights flicker on in the lab for 2008.

The last bed you'll ever wake up undead in.

My first ever attempt at a flying crank ghost. Her name is Murgatroyd.

“No, no, noooo! No rest! You'll see it all! You'll feel it! The cold... in the coffin. It is worse. Much, much worse!”
By Mister_JP
With such an early start, I'm sure your display will be incredible. So far so good!
By The Captain
:( Murgatroyd is to heavy for the crank rig motor! So I either need a lighter head or a stronger motor.....foam wig head it is! I'm using a motor out of a Christmas deer, so its limited as to how much it can lift. I hate delays, but thats part of the game when you are using scrap parts :wink:
By The Captain
Grandpa Ken is my first animated prop. He says four different phrases. He still needs hands, feet, and some shoulder work.

My first female zombie this year Now known as Helga, Thanks to gmuffb.

I call this one Doug (Dug).

I'm going to try and get a few more done before the weekend so we can paper mache and paint them, but I have a busy week with the Halloween Horror Nights staff preview and opening night on the 26th. (Not to mention Food and Wine at Epcot) I love this time of year! :P I'll post more pics as I progress, it will start happening faster now :twisted:[/b]
Last edited by The Captain on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Cheef
nice man, i saw the same animated skull, at elast i think its the same one, at our local Target. Was thinking about doing something similar.. lookin good so far.
By The Captain
I have two move ready for paper mache, so that is a total of four ground breakers and one full body that will be in a rocking chair. I want to do one more ground breaker before paper mache, which WILL happen this weekend. Heres the pictures of the two new zombies.

This was the worst duct tape I've ever used...
He has prob the best hand I've ever made, he's a freshy!

I'm very happy with this one...
He's going to be a little fresher then most of them.
By nosferatu
Man, I wish I was as unhinged as you..... seriously.

Seriously unhinged that is.

Fairly soon you are gonna have to move to one of those abandonded towns as you have so many fantastic props. You could rename it Buhdewsy too.

Is Dug so called because he looks like he has been hit in the face with a spade? As for the so far un-named female, I can't think of any real names but given the "body of evidence" presented so far I think your next likely progression will indeed be real people. Therefore, I would suggest hitchiker No 4.

My family frown upon pumpkin carving as a little strange. God knows what they would make of you!

Very, very impressive stuff.

Look forward to seeing your finished masterpiece and being called as a witness in your trial....for the prosecution!
By gmuffb
Awesome!!! It's good to see someone else in love with papier mache. I think your female groundbreaker looks like a Helga. I had the same problem with my FCG, I tried every rotating motor I could find. I had quite a few sitting around my house I even took a fan apart. None of them could support even the spoons I used to weigh the string down. So I finally gave in and bought a rotisserie motor. Luckily it's the end of summer and since they were packing the summer stuff up I was able to talk the manager at Ace Hardware down to $20. It works wonderfully and my ghost is really heavy. All of your props are extra way cool, great job!!!!!
By The Captain
Thanks!

Don't worry nosferatu, you may not realize it but you seem a little unhinged to me, but what do I know I'm a grown man with zombies on my kitchen table. :wink:

gmuffb I'm at the end of my fishing line with my FCG! I had a reduced BBQ rotisserie in my hot little hands at Target and I put it back because "I was going to make the one I had work". Have you ever seen someone punch themselves in the head? :wink: She may just be a ghost blowing in the window this year because I am running out of time, we'll see what time allows.

Thanks again :D

Ps Helga it is :)
By The Captain
Made this puppy tonight, I'll build him some hands Friday night. We paper Mache this weekend and then paint on Sunday if they are dry. I'm getting excited!!!

Must sleep now. . . . 5:30am comes quick :( But its Friday!!! :D
By nosferatu
I don't think he needs the hands - those wires look really scary. I like the deformity - not in a schadenfreude kinda way, just in the usual, run of the mill, demented kind.
By Tkaraoke
You know, I kind of agree about "look ma, no hands!"

Maybe he could be a beggar who stole and got his hands chopped off...now he's looking for revenge!