Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By The Captain
Tblueikaos and everyone,

The skulls I buy have all been less then $5 a piece. I bought some online for $3.99 each and then I found almost the same skulls at Walmart for the same price so I bought 5 more. You could use wig heads from the beauty supply store, they are about $4-5 bucks.

I use
old newspaper (free)
plastic grocery bags (free)
wire coat hangers (I get free with my work shirts)
Plywood for bases (couple bucks for a small piece, get 3 to 4 bases out of it)
Paper towels and napkins (cheap to free depending where you get em :wink: )
Mountain dew boxes (free with purchase of soda) I made all of this years hands out of mountain dew box cardboard.
scrap wood for spine of zombie (cheap to free depending where you get it)
Chicken wire (less the 10 bucks, still have some 2 years and 9 zombies later)
Duct tape (expensive $4 to $8 a roll, don't go cheap you'll regret it. I switched to masking tape this year.)
Carpet latex (can't remember -$20-$30 a bucket, but you water it down as you use it. Lasted two years)
Exterior latex paint (varies, go cheap - 15 a gallon or less)

So pretty cheap if you are creative with what you use, and don't be intimidated it looks much harder then it really is. There are no rules to art, so you can't really mess em up because they are supposed to be dead and messed up anyway.

This is for inspiration
http://www.pumpkinrot.com/

And this is for tips and tricks
http://www.spookyblue.com/halloween/gro ... eaker1.htm

Good Luck blueikaos

Ps I'm back from my cruise but I still feel like I'm on the boat :shock: :shock:
By blueikaos
Thank so so much buhdewsy ....
This will definately be a project over the summer!
By The Captain
5 from this year, 3 from last year, and a full body in a rocking chair. So 9 :D

oh and hopefully a scarecrow
By The Captain
Not my normal scary zombies. Found these at the Dollar General 6 for a dollar, so I had to get em.
I put em up in the tree out front and we put up some xmas type purple lights and candy cane colored light in the bushes just to fool the kids.
I'm going to take it all down Friday while they are at school, and put out all the good stuff on Halloween! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cute ghosts. For some reason I have this urge to hit them with a bat and see if candy comes out.
By nosferatu
You'll be giving him ideas Ryan.

Buhdewsy's Halloween pinatas would be something rather special but instead of sweets they are filled with maggots and offal.

I would love to see that on video: kid smashes pinata to smithereens and is covered in sheeps eyeballs, blood and cow intestines.

:D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yes! Halloween pinatas with eyeballs, blood and intestines. Make it happen buhdewsy!
By gmuffb
Ha ha. You guys are terrible. Kids covered in blood interests you. LOL.
By SaneInsideInsanity
i think it's an awesdome idea.....i bought those smae ghosts here last year ....then realized i didn;t have3 a tree in my yard and the one in frott was way to talll.....so i tied them to my fence....an hour later they were gone
By The Captain
I am completely out of eyeballs, blood and intestines. Maybe I'll score some fresh ones on Halloween :wink:
By The Captain
The files are large so I'll break up the post, and don't forget to click the pic to see the whole picture. So, without any further ado I give you

. . . . . . VOODOO (Rise Again)