Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By joeincogento
I love creating Halloween decorations out of PVC; they're like giant Tinker Toys. Last year I made the framework for some scarecrows and a giant hand. Both were taken from other sites. This year I did my own thing and put together these creatures using only PVC and some cheap masks I found at the Dollar Store.

Each one cost about $20.00 to put together. I wanted to make a giant one to cover the entire yard, but between this, pumkins, candy, and all my other Halloween expenses (booze), I had to stop at four of these guys. The smaller ones are made from 3/4 inch pipe and the slightly bigger guy with the wolf's head is made of 1 inch pipe. They stuck together really well without PVC cement, so I'll be able to take them apart for easy storage.
Last edited by joeincogento on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Seems simple enough, but totally effective. Imagine a giant white spider creeping towards you with a wolf's face. I'd jump up on a chair for sure. :o
By joeincogento
Came home this evening after watching Monday Night Football, to find my PVC Creatures kicked around and destroyed. As if that wasn't enough, there were several religous tracts scattered around the yard.
I was pissed, but what could I do? I cleaned up, fixed up my creatures, and hope their God forgives them for what they've done. I hope they have a happy Halloween; I plan to. :?
By Tkaraoke
Oh wow! That really does suck! I brought my gutted pumpkins into the garage because I'm not going to give a good kid a chance to go bad. I can't believe someone would do that...people really do suck sometimes.
By joeincogento
Managed to put them back together. It was frustrating, especially after having drank throughout the game, but they're back to guarding my yard again. I have a really busy week screening shirts, but I'm going to try my best to be home before sundown to watch over my babies. Happy Halloween everybody! I'm so glad to have friends like you to share my joy of Halloween with. Ryan, thank you sooo much for giving us a way get together :!:
By joeincogento
My yard was featured on the 10:00 news last night! How cool is that?
By The Captain
joeincogento wrote:My yard was featured on the 10:00 news last night! How cool is that?
No way! That is awesome. I figure my yard will be on the news one day too, but it will be because of all the neighbors freaking out about all the zombies in my yard scaring all the kids and small animals! Congrats!!! Your creatures are freaky :twisted: