Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Tkaraoke
Oh man! That scene with them coming out of the ground is killer!!!!! That musy have been wicked to see in person. Did you have any creepy lighting effects at night?
By The Captain
Yes I had a red light on them from one side to cast shadows. Also another red light behind the center head stone lighting up the web. I used a fog machine and had spooky music playing. I had another spider victim (Chet from my web last year) on a spining motor by the front door and a blue porch light, 8 funkins spread all over the graveyard and porch. I thought it looked good. I want to make more zombies for next year!
By joeincogento
Tremendous work! I bet the kids were too scared to come up to your house. :twisted:
By The Captain
Ha-ha must have been, we only had 8 kids all night. I didn't shut the lights off till almost 10 O'clock. We are in a small neighborhood in a real rural area. We have increased our number of kids every year except this year; we had 25 kids last year? Pretty soon I'll have more zombies then trick or treaters! Oh well, more candy for me! :P
By Nikki
Your yard came out awesome :) Hope people complimented you accordingly ;)
By mesmark
Awesome display. I might be doing a zombie or skeleton theme next year, so I'll keep all the information as reference. Thanks!
Nikki wrote:Your yard came out awesome :) Hope people complimented you accordingly ;)
Nobody, but other Halloweeners really appreciates the effort that must have taken. Bad thing is we're all out doing our own stuff and never get around to appreciate others' set ups... :?

I do get a couple people who say 'Wow! That must have taken a few hours to put together.' :roll:
When, in fact, I started planning and making stuff back in July.
By The Captain
Yeah the kids that came didn't really care. There is one family around the corner who always tells me that they wait to see what we will do for Halloween each year, that makes us feel good. I bring pictures in to show the guys at work: They either are amazed or tell me I'm crazy, either way that makes us feel good. I tell my wife and co-haunter Jen, "I want to be that house". If you’re a "decorator" like us you know what I mean because you want to be "that house" too. Thanks everybody for the compliments. :D
By The Captain
I'm working on a video of the zombies. It is almost complete just have to decide on music and/or audio for it. Should be up Monday night, tuesday at the latest.
By arcane_reaper
awesome! looks great, love how you started out with duct tape and wires! looked so simple but when you finished it looked impossible!
By The Captain
Ha Ha it really wasn’t that hard to do. I think I spent like 360 days thinking about doing it, and maybe 12 to 14 hours actually doing it :D Thanks for the compliments arcane
By arcane_reaper
your welcome :D

i might decorate a little next year, i never focused on decorating, just pumpkin carving and costumes. :)