Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By mesmark
We’re going to give this a go. My kids are big into Potter and this was their request. I feel like it’s sort of a tall order, but ...

So, i’m Going to make Kings Cross platform 9 3/4 and that will be the entrance to the stage area. In there, I might make a Hogwarts Express train car, forest with big spiders, Hogwarts dining hall (floating candles and foam jacs), and a Dementor to battle

For the picture spot, i’m Just going to use my stone wall sheets and some house banners.

We went to Universal Studios and got Pottered up back in March. So, the kids costumes are pretty much done 🤣👍

So props:
- a bunch of brick wall sheets
- train car benches and window (lit?) with Hogwarts and dementors flying around
- large dementor
BrookR1, amandap80 liked this
By mesmark
I think this is going to be my first project:

I found this motion sensor LED security light that is battery powered:

I’m going to take it apart and use it for the eyes. I’ll add some small LED lights to the circuit and try to figure out a good way to make the eyes glow red instead of white.

I’m going to use pvc pipe for the legs and foam insulation for the face and body
starsparrow liked this
By mesmark
I’m done with the spider for now.

I measure out some pvc pipe

I added a little foam to make it more meaty

Here’s the first leg constructed

All the legs finished with a little fur added to the joints.

A styrofoam face

Painted, set up and the lights are on a motion sensor. I’ll add a speaker with some fun sound effects later.
DeadKing liked this
By sloaner
Great job. I did a Harry potter theme last year. Probably not as elaborate as yours will end up though.