Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
So purpleworm and I are working on a new project this year. Since our yards are side by side we are combining our efforts to coordinate a Hansel & Gretel theme. Here is my first prop. Carved from insulation foam and painted. Working on some other sinister treats to go with it.
BrookR1, nosferatu, amandap80 and 2 others liked this
Purplrworm a d I have just ordered our annimated witches for the yard and I cant wait to get them and tske pics! We also copleted the roofs for the gingerbread houses so we are well on our way. Ill pist pics soon. .....so excited!
shaft28 liked this
Im using big blue sheets of insulation foam and carving them with hot knife.
The sheets I have right now are 1 inch thick and I buy the by the 4ft x 8ft sheet.
You mentioned layering them, is that how u do the pumpkins? Not quite sure what to use to glue them together if I did that.
Yes, I used 3 or 4 layers of the sheets. I cut them with a box knife.

You can glue them together with any glue. I used a glue similar to Elmers to make fence posts. It worked fine and the posts have been good for years, but it takes a day or two for them to dry. These days, I use hot glue. It works perfectly and dries in a minute. Sometimes that's too quick and it becomes like a game :D
staticfurball liked this
Set up the gingerbread house and made the top for my witches cauldron too. Gonna add my props now that Its close to show time!
BrookR1 liked this