Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By purple1worm
I'm working on a witch theme. I already have a life size witch and cauldron.
This year to add to my yard I'm making witch silhouettes that I will paint black. I will paint a background for them too (not sure what yet).

I started with these 2 pics. A few years back I used the graph method to enlarge stencils for my window'kins. I opted this time to try improvising my own projector. I printed my pics and then traced them onto clear sheet protectors.
I had trouble getting the pic on the left to the height I wanted so I modified it a little.
I think think they turned out alright but not as tall as I would have liked. They are a little under 5 feet each.
Next to cut and paint them. :D
By pagemaster1993
If your looking for something extra special Astmosfear Fx released a witch themed package this year.
I've wanted to make my own Halloween wreath for a few years now. I'm very happy I did. Think it came out pretty good!
I started with a pool noodle. hot glued and duck tapped it together.
Tried spray painting it but the paint would not stick to the surface. I opted to cover it entirely with the black duck tape. Image
I covered it in Halloween garland but had trouble adding the lights. So started over and strung the lights on 1st.
I found these cool battery powered white bats and purple spiders. Then wrapped it in garland, black with purple and orange spiders!
Image Image
And finally finished it off with some cool sparkly accessories from Micheal's!
By shaft28
I love the witch cut outs, the humpbacked one is fantastic.
By purple1worm
Here's some pics from my 2015 Display!
Was really happy with my Witch silhouettes.
Image Image
My friend posing next to one.Image
My witch and her cauldron!
A friend made a papier mache man eating plant I displayed it next to my carving of Audrey and the patch master.
By Cirrus
Those all look great! I love how the witch turned out, and I think I'm going to have to try the pool noodle wreath. Great idea!
By amandap80
Those look great purpleworm! Did you just use ambient light to get them to show up? I have tried to use spot lights and the result is sketchy.
By purple1worm
amandap80 wrote:Those look great purpleworm! Did you just use ambient light to get them to show up? I have tried to use spot lights and the result is sketchy.
I taped a string of red Halloween lights to the back of each of the silhouettes. I think it worked pretty well.