Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By monstermash
Raven wrote:I keep skipping commenting on this because I can't come up with a suitable word to describe how awesome they are. Perhaps transcendent or splendiferous. :thumbsup:
Ha, me too. I'm like this every year. Everyone is so talented I'm always stunned and inspired and can never find the right words. You're mascots are no exception Nos, they're fantastic. You're pretty good with a jigsaw, I tried to cut a circle for the first time a few weeks ago and it looked terrible. Think of a shape as far from that of a circle and that's what it looked like.
By keifferone
Raven wrote:I keep skipping commenting on this because I can't come up with a suitable word to describe how awesome they are. Perhaps transcendent or splendiferous. :thumbsup:
I'm with Raven on this. I was all discombobulated by the awesomeness!
By nosferatu
Thank you for the kind words. I ended up doing 5 mascots. They are quite crude and need refinement but I'm quite pleased with them. I had hoped to get all the mascots done and put them on the outside of the house, House of the Zombie Pumpkins! but it was not to be. I have cut blanks for the others so may have them for next year! I say things like this every 1st of November and it never happens!

However, an added bonus is that they are being used at a children's Halloween party today and on a small Halloween workshop as props tomorrow (flyers printed for both) so hopefully they will bring in a few more minions.

The mascots annual transformation reminds me of Dr Who's regeneration. I'm already wondering what next year's mascot will look like.

By mesmark
Wow! These are fantastic Nos! Great job this year.

It would seem like 10+ mascots would be a huge doing. Even 5 is an awesome year.

I love the precision and detail in these. You didn't cut corners and really nailed the paint job. I also underestimated the size of these in the first couple pictures. Seeing them behind the pumpkins makes me think they are pretty big.

I'd love to see the 'house of the zombie pumpkins", 5 mascots seems like it would be more than enough.

Did you make stands for them?
Did I never comment on these?! Shame on me. Nos, your ZP mascot cutouts are amazing. As others have said, great size, detail, precision, and paint job that appears to give them depth. They look great as a backdrop behind your carvings, and surely also look super wherever you might place them! :thumbsup:

In more recent years, I've been drawing the mascots with more cracks and wrinkles. And I see you've added that sort of detail to my earlier guys. Makes sense, since some of these characters are over a decade old now. Surely they've gotten softer from rot, gaining more texture.

So tell us more... are you making more? Do you have a way to stand them up? Can you hang them? Any tips on their construction that you can share, in case others want to attempt a similar project?
By SuperSonic
.....:shock: I am absolutely baffled at how AMAZING these look! Fantastic job Nos!!! :twisted: Are there layers of MDF on there? It looks like it has similar depth to Mesmarks foam mascots.