Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Here is a link to the FB photo album, very simple walk-thru video coming.
55 Zombie Pumpkins featured.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 4d6ad694da" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by amandap80 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The great thing about your display is that it looks just as good in daylight as it does in the dark. I love the boarded window and the trio of owls. Stunning display. I can see why you were worried about tornadoes!

8) 8) 8) 8)
If I had a front yard I'd wan't it to look just like yours at halloween. Its a really nice tasteful display, full of glowing pumpkins and orange lights and wisps of smoke. Your sentinels fit in beautifully, looming over the graveyard with their ever watching eyes. I really like that spider on you stair rail too. You'd have trouble getting rid of me too. :D
Thanks everyone! Nice thing about my house, there is enough beer and wine for everyone to stay and visit!
Here is the walk-thru video, as promised!
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by amandap80 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the video although I am beginning to suspect that you had the fence built for the sole purpose of displaying light on it. What I love about the lights both on the video and the pictures at the end is that they look like lots of little fires, almost as if the fence is alight. It is a great display. I am truly jealous. 8)
nosferatu wrote:I love the video although I am beginning to suspect that you had the fence built for the sole purpose of displaying light on it. What I love about the lights both on the video and the pictures at the end is that they look like lots of little fires, almost as if the fence is alight. It is a great display. I am truly jealous. 8)
Ah, thanks Nos! I do admit, the fence added a whole new element to the decorating!
After hearing about the tornado warnings and cancellation of trick or treating, I was afraid to find out what would become of your 2013 display. Based on these photos and video, my fears died down much like those strong winds did.

I loved seeing Undead Ted watching over the tombstones. A fitting place for him, on that giant pumpkin! All your jack o' lanterns have interesting locations and positions. Some on hay bales, some on pumpkin hangers. I love that. You're good at making little "scenes." Especially the witches lair!

I'm really glad you posted a walk-through video too (cool sound effects). This really helps us understand the size and layout of the whole display. The lights, the sentinels, the cauldrons, the fog, the boarded windows, the potions... good gourd, if this doesn't scream classic Halloween, I don't know what does.

And how about that new fence? It was born out of a need to protect your pumpkins from thieving vandals, but it has become a great feature for your display. The lights on the fence posts look great and it really helps guide your visitors around the right path. Ensuring they can look at every glorious pumpkin along the way.

I'm looking at more of the carving photos and videos lately because... well, with Christmas behind us now and 2014 starting, it's time for me to get inspired and start working on the next season of ZP!

Amanda, thanks for all you to do provide others with Halloween fun and inspiration. And thanks for the plug for ZP, both at the end of your video, and in the carved logo pumpkin!