Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Since I got about 400-500 trick or treaters last year..I figured going all out would be worth it this year :p

I made all 20something tombstones (which was a pain the butt) and we added the lighting and props. My husband walked around in the zombie costume. Our driveway had the candy and pumpkins!

Also I did a good amount of ZP pumpkins this year but also did a lot of stoneykins because I wanted to try shading. The toy story pumpkin is a combination haha

ALSO I think it is worth it to point out that I got SEVERAL offers to buy my Walter White pumpkin :lol:

Brilliant display dryersheet. Doing that many gravestones can be tedious but now they are done you'll have them forever and can add to them if you feel like it. Fab lighting and cobweb covered wonky fence. You did an awesome job for your first haunt I bet the Toters were very impressed. Did you get as many as previous years?
That is a fantastic display. I am in awe of the dedication and work that is required to achieve this. And you say this is your first haunt? Wow! You will be on your town's " must visit" for next year!
Thanks again!! I started back in August (which I was made fun of mercilessly but whatever), I also had to make the fence -_- I don't know what I was thinking haha.

What happened last year was we were expecting NO kids based on the fact no one else in our neighborhood decorated, and we ended up running out of candy twice. We gave out about 400 pieces so we estimated we had to turn away another 100. This year we didn't run out (we had 40lbs of candy) and we gave out about 700 pieces. Yikes!
First haunt? Most people sort of ease into their decorating, year by year. You started with a bang. And based on the reactions and amount of trick-or-treaters you go, you'll be expected to do this every year now. Hope you're up for it. Thankfully you have months now to recover and start planning your next show. And as for starting in August... I would never tease you for that. If I start planning and building in August, that would be considered WAY behind.