Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
First attempt, kind of going for a NBCish feel.
Had a balsa wood calavera cutout and put it on before I painted it. El Muerto is apparently a "Texican" ghost story according to the interwebs :)
Built the Box Tombstone to hide a projector and dvd player for our Singing pumpkin display from Jack'o'Lantern Jamboree from Atmosphere FX.
Had some extra foam and a little time to kill.
Not quite complete yet, but my favorite piece so far, got a start idea from someone else on the ZP forum. The text is all engraved and hand painted. The portrait on the glass is a ZP! pattern that was cut from thin piece of craft foam sheet, painted black and placed on the inside of the orange glass. It is backlit in a white chamber with white LEDs. The whole display has an artificial Raven, black flowers, and the new ZP! Graven Raven pattern on a white foam jack lit with Red LEDs. I will post pics when I get it all together.
Those are awesome. Great idea to backlight like that. It makes it look a really expensive prop and will look great as daylight starts to disappear. Great work! 8)
They are all very nice BigScience. I really like the little skull and the cracks on the first one and the pumpkin motif on the Jekyll and Hyde one. I bet they look great in situ.
Sounds like the final product will be well worth it! Can't wait to see your results. I bet it will look fantastic!
Thanks for the love guys! Sadly, the raven that I had to place on the stone was discovered by my two hounds. May the bird rest in pieces, to be used never more. :lol: My local michaels is all sold out of the birds until next year. :P

I can't stay too mad at them though, they are so darn cute :-)
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Wow! Superb work. My favorite is the first photo of the RIP pumpkin. I like the style of the skull and crossbones, and the whole thing is so nicely aged. I also appreciate the use of the Poe pattern!
Thanks to all! The RIP was my first attempt ever at making my own headstones out of foam. In years past when we had a pirate graveyard and tavern I used 1"bys to make crosses that I painted and aged with information about real pirates that sailed around the coast of NC.

I am happy with how these turned out and I have ideas for next years batch as well.

The Poe design that you have done is probably my favorite pattern on the whole site. I had to work it into my display somehow and this turned out to be just what I was looking for.

Thanks Ryan for your awesome work! :thumbsup: