Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By NikkiRae
So I need a bit of advice. I bought black ceramic taper candle holders for my blood drip candles, but they look very plain and boring. I am debating gluing some glitter on the base in a spider web pattern to go with the glittery haunted tree my mom bought as a center piece.

My main question is what kind of glue would be best to use to hold the glitter on? I'm thinking mod podge? I've only ever used it to seal puzzles together, but I've heard it's really good for gluing things on to glass and ceramic. Does any one have experience with it?
By amandap80
Modge podge will work, or 3M makes a good spray adhesive.
By NikkiRae
amandap80 wrote:Modge podge will work, or 3M makes a good spray adhesive.
I never even thought of the spray adhesive. I used that last year to glue glitter into a Steelers pumpkin for my aunt, so I still have some on hand. That might be an idea! Thanks!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I have no experience glittering anything, so don't listen to me. But... once you do get the glitter to stick, I am wondering if you could use some spray fixative or sealer to help seal those little sparkly bits in place. It would be a shame if it rubbed off when you touched it.
By nosferatu
I will ask my kids concerning the glitter. Whenever they use glitter it doesn't seem to stick very well to their pictures but remains embedded in the carpet for months. Tiny sequins may also be a good option or can be used in combination with the glitter. Once glued, they are less likely to fall off. However, your best option maybe glitter glue which saves you the hassle and would be ideal to make an intricate, neat spiders web. Look forward to seeing it complete!
By amandap80
Glitter is known as the herpes of the craft world. Once you get it, it never goes away. Look forward to finding it on your clothes and carpets for years to come. :lol:
By NikkiRae
amandap80 wrote:Glitter is known as the herpes of the craft world. Once you get it, it never goes away. Look forward to finding it on your clothes and carpets for years to come. :lol:
Oh, we know. We're still finding gold glitter from the Steeler pumpkins I did for family last year lol
By amandap80
Those look great!!
By SuperSonic
Those look fantastic. I would certainly put them up for display! :thumbsup: