Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By staticfurball
I started making this a few weeks ago and still have a few steps left, but here is a work in progress.
I used rolled up news paper with duck tape and set it on a 2L soda bottle.
roger1 by staticfurball, on Flickr[/url]

Then used spray foam to add girth to the body and fill in the cracks, it also seals it up pretty well too. Then I carved it down to look a bit better and Papier Mâché on paper towels with carpenters glue to add a skin cover.
Roger 2 by staticfurball, on Flickr[/url]

I still have to add some colored skin, hands and teeth ( my husband says he looks geriatric lol)
I'm gonna use colored tissue paper for the skin. I cant wait to make more of these for next year!
By amandap80
This looks awesome! I am starting on a big paper mache project this week. What did you use to carve down your expanding foam?
By monstermash
It's weird that I don't bat an eyelid at a thread titled Working on a new corpse. :lol:
I enjoyed making my corpses a few years back and I always meant to try out spray foam. It works very well by the looks of it, I'm dying to see the finished article. Will he have a name? Or is it just me sad enough to name my corpses? :roll:
By SuperSonic
Fantastic work Staticfurball! I would love to do so many of these projects to fill in the gaps in my October, but this is just wonderful :) :frank:
By staticfurball
Thanks guys. the spray foam is great and u can use an x-acto or just a regular steak knife, it carves up pretty easy.
It's funny cause, any other time of year, telling someone I'm working on a corpse would get me some pretty weird looks, and yet saying that here seems so natural :lol: I'm working on the hands today and my sister gave my some cheap vampire teeth I can use for this year until I come up with something better.
I've been calling him Roger...not sure why, it's just what came up first.
By amandap80
He looks a tiny bit reminiscent of Roger Waters.
By staticfurball
I had so much fun making him that I plan on making a whole bunch more for next year.
Had a bit of trouble with his teeth and tried many things but the Q tips worked best. I covered them in hot glue and shaped them a bit pointier and stuck them in voila, mean chompers.