Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By SCAREcrow
I wanted to do a ghostly/graveyard scene this year so here a few shots of my progress.

Started out with some easier ones

Captain Spaulding stone in progress.

The wood burning tool eats away at the foam pretty quick so I lost a lot of detail in his face but it still looks pretty good

This is the ghost we made this year too, we have a couple of other ghosts from lastyear that we will add to the surroundings and move the boat when it comes time.

More pictures to come
Love your tombstones! I need to make some more myself, I keep seeing all kinds of cool ideas!
Looks great. I don't have much experience with tombstone making, but maybe a dremel could solve the losing detail problem.
Love those tombstones! They are so cool. Love the ghost. The picture of it in the boat makes the ghost look like the mast so theoretically it's a ghost ship
Everything is just superb! I love the first tombstone the most. Looks like Predator with a vengeance. Cool progress shots. Can't wait to see the final product.
I really like the Captain Spalding, it turned out real nice. Cant wait to get my stuff set up this year as well.
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I must go home for the weekend to get my feed of Turkey on for Thanksgiving so all of my projects are on hold :(
Post by mesmark » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Wow! looks great.

I think people have used a dremel on their tombstones to get the sharp edges with lettering stencils.
Thanks for the advice! I definitely like the edges the burner makes on the lettering but for the faces I will most definitely try out my Dremel.

Who knew all of these tools I have been accumulating over the past couple of years could be put to such good use :)
I'm back home after a great thanksgiving with my family, and had to get another stone done.

I used my dremmel on this one and it turned out fantastic!! I couldn't be happier, Thanks for the suggestion mesmark!