Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By chuckwagon
I'd love to build one of these things! I assume it's just an old lamp base that you pull the chord back through tight, and stick a creepy doll head onto. Which brings me to another question... Where can I find one of these ever so popular doll heads? They really remind me of the backstage theater scene from the Silent Hill video game series. Image
By pagemaster1993
Here's a tutorial when you can make one into a night light:

Though I kind of like the eyeless and open mouth of the ones Chuck posted.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Reminds me of the lit-up doll head my mom was using as a prop last Halloween:

But the doll heads in these other examples are even more spooky because they look like vintage dolls. Really old dolls that have had more time to be possessed by spirits from a bygone age.
By Raven
chuckwagon wrote: Where can I find one of these ever so popular doll heads?
I've seen doll heads and parts in both Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's Ect. The ones I have seen are just plastic. I'd check Ebay or Etsy for an old china doll for a really creepy old looking one.

And I'm with Hottie, NOT in my house!
By matspud
The vintage one is awesome however, I have to agree with Hottie and Ravens - not in my house - even though I have some antique dolls somewhere
By pagemaster1993
matspud wrote:The vintage one is awesome however, I have to agree with Hottie and Ravens - not in my house - even though I have some antique dolls somewhere
I would keep an eye out for those dolls. They could be watching you right now and you wouldn't even know it.
By paddy_babe
that is evil looking!! I wonder if it could fit in a jar?
By staticfurball
Pretty creepy but I find ventriloquist dolls way worse, like the one from Dead Silence ohhh man creepy!
By matspud
There are some doll tead tealight holders on etsy. They aren't very creepy though and it looks like the tealight sits in the top so the face doesn't light up :?