Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
Here are some pics from the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze in Croton-on- Hudson, NY. I've attended each of the last 5 or 6 years and it never disappoints. I figured if anybody could appreciate these pics it would be you guys. Enjoy!!

By shaft28
Those are just terrible...if we lived in opposite world and terrible meant fantastic! That would be an amaziong sight to see. Thanks for sharing!
By Raven
:shock:

I've seen pictures of this event before and it never ceases to amaze me. The amount of work and creativity that goes into making something like this is mind blowing. I would love to be able to attend someday!
Never had a chance to visit this event, so I'm happy to see some new photos from this past Halloween's show.

One thing I've always worried about if visiting this... while it's impressive to see the massive quantity of pumpkins, I wonder if the artistry of the carvings gets lots a little bit. There's so much to see there, can you respect the details?

This is why I appreciate seeing some of the closeups of specific sculptures, or even lone pumpkins. Despite the quantity, it looks like an amazing amount of detailed carving work is going on too. That takes dedication. I've seen the Blaze featured on TV shows so I know what a big operation it is, with teams of carvers going at it every day.

I wanted to comment on a couple photos that were my favorites, but honestly I like all of these concepts. Most of which I've never seen before!
I think some of the artistry does get lost being that there's a huge amount to see but they also separate most of the really detailed pumpkins from the rest. In the areas where they have the massive displays, it can be hard to focus on particular pumpkins, especially when you're herded through like cattle to keep the line moving. However, in most areas you can take your time to check out the pumpkins if you wish and appreciate it a little more. It's definitely worth checking out if you make the trip. Tickets need to be ordered and go on sale around Labor Day through the website. Order early to get the best time slot.