Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By pagemaster1993
I have to do two costumes for this year. One to wear as I give out candy to Trick Or Treaters and the other to wear to a friends Halloween party (my first ever Halloween party I may add). So I want some help from my good forum buddies.

As you already know I am doing a ghost theme for my towns Trick Or Treat night at my house. If you don't here is the link:

http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=9595

Now I have costume planning. I already know I am going to be a ghost, and I know I want to make it almost like a Haunted Mansion ghost.

What I need to know is if someone knows where I can get make up application sponges or something I could use to apply the makeup that is more readily available. I bought the make up that comes in tubes so it did not come with sponges or any means of application.

Now for the party I really do not know what to do. A few ideas ran through my mind, but do not know if I should really do them. My slight ideas were: Nerd, Phantom of the Opera, and Vampire.

Your help would really be appreciated. :D
I love the idea of the haunted mansion style ghost. What sort of clothing do you have planned for the outfit?

As for the makeup... I've had good luck with wedge sponges. Great for dabbing on the makeup and rubbing it around. Use a different sponge for a different shade, blend it around as needed.

You should be able to find makeup application sponges in any Halloween store or shop that stocks decent Halloween costumes. Or just search online. I did a quick search... how about 100 sponge wedges for 4 bucks. Haha.

You might also want to get some powder to set your makeup. Keeps it from smudging. Dab it on with a powder puff pad.
Clothing for the ghost costume is going to be dress clothing pretty much. Black dress pants, white long sleeved dress shirt, black dress vest, black dress shoes, and I think I will wear a top hat.
I bought White and Black Cream make up. The rest of the stuff I already had. I wonder if I should go with regular tie or bow tie.

Ryan: For setting up make up with powder would any powder due, say baby powder or should I use something else?
By Doh
zombombie wrote:
Doh wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote: I wonder if I should go with regular tie or bow tie.

A cravat of course!
I was just about to put that!

Great minds my friend...great minds!
By amandap80
pagemaster1993 wrote:I bought White and Black Cream make up. The rest of the stuff I already had. I wonder if I should go with regular tie or bow tie.

Ryan: For setting up make up with powder would any powder due, say baby powder or should I use something else?
Not Ryan, but yes, you can use baby powder and a puff to set the creme.
Listen to Amanda, she's had experience painting her face! I can't claim to be an expert in makeup application. Not the first thing I want to have on my resume. :kiss: I used a face powder that came with a Halloween makeup kit I bought.
By SuperSonic
Are we talking about Disney's Haunted Mansion? Or just a haunted mansion ghost?

Either or, I think these pics should help

The Haunted Mansion welcomes you....

We have Nine hundred and Ninety Nine happy haunts here, but theres room for one more. Any Volunteeers!?

The Hat box Ghost is perfect for what your talking about. Very simple makeup job too. Just white cream/powder make up should do the trick, also you may want to consider putting the teeth in your make up too. His mouth is rather large.

As for the clothes, a cape, top hat, and some classic 1920's styled clothing should do the trick (as seen in the pictures provided). Try low cut shoes too, as they add to the effect.
SuperSonic - a quick tip. In those Google image links you posted... if you click the "Full-size image" link in the right sidebar, you can get a direct URL for the image itself (without the other Google junk). Then you can post a link to the image itself, or even embed it right on the page with the image tag, like this...
Code: Select all
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gSvAoHjnktM/SouztXNpbVI/AAAAAAAAAxA/owN_5LydEQE/s400/K%26J+HBG+Full+Figure.jpg[/img]
Which does this...

Back on topic, I like the idea of a classic gentlemen ghost. As zombombie said, lots of white and grey and some powder to give you a musty/dusty look.
Thanks for all the help guys and girls! Hopefully everything works out. It will be my first attempt at makeup application.
By monstermash
pagemaster1993 wrote:Thanks for all the help guys and girls! Hopefully everything works out. It will be my first attempt at makeup application.
Have a good look on YouTube for halloween make up tutorials. If your unsure of anything i'm sure you'll find some great tips and tricks, just remeber to have fun. Oh and if you have time, do a few make up test runs.