Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Lala
yay - my corset arrived!!! tomorrow I will have my friend (who will be here for craft night - aka Help Lala make her costume night) help me put it on so I can take a pic! I also now have to find a cami or something to wear under it. meh.

Thanks for the nice comments on the gun! I had a blast (heh) making it. I have to make my hubby's light saber next!
By Lala
Here's some of my costume laid out! I haven't made the skirt yet - it's just the fabric

Steampunk Costume Mock up by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

We will work on the skirt tomorrow and hopefully get it done. I need to remember to put POCKETS in it, or have some sort of purse thing to put my phone etc in!
By Lala
I had time to work on stuff yesterday!

I was able to have my friend help me try on the corset and it works AWESOME for the costume.

Here is a photo of my husbands Shirt and Vest. I will be removing the buttons and using the same "gear" beads as buttons - I think it will look really cool.

IMG_0514 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Here's the start of our medals - and my ghostbuster patch! (it's actually a keychain!)

IMG_0515 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Close up one one of mine - I will be putting a photo of (my ghost) Godfrey in it

IMG_0517 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

This is the patch I got for my husbands costume

il_570xN.340646204 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr
By Lala
Some photos of the almost finished costumes!

Here's my hubby's vest (needs to be ironed!) with his gear buttons and "pocketwatch" (it has a gear on the flipside!) Pocketwatch is attached to the vest with some thread loops and is removable (lobster claw clips)

IMG_1235 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

IMG_1237 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

IMG_1238 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Our Finished Medals

Hubby's - Image
IMG_1230 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Mine:

IMG_1231 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Hubby's arm bracer - not done yet - a belt from the thrift store

IMG_1223 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

with Gauge - with Midi-chlorian count (ha!ha! I find this amusing but it's really hard to read)

IMG_1232 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Made it out of this (from Michaels)

IMG_1227 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

My arm band - it will be a pke reader but the first one I made looks cruddy so I will try again and take more pics then. This is just the thing I bought (Michaels)

IMG_1225 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

My charm bracelet

IMG_1239 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Keys to go on my belt/holster (belt not done yet) Keys are heavy metal and are from Michaels - they are attached to the ring my choker pendant came on

IMG_1241 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr

Lightsaber! (and I could have done a better job painting..meh)

IMG_1233 by Lala (Shady Lane Studios), on Flickr