Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
While in my local Michaels craft store I noticed they had a large line of Steampunk inspired jewelry in the jewelry making section. Everything from buttons to small vials filled with different colored concoctions. So if you have craft stores there that carry jewelry making supplies you might want to check the section out to see if there is anything there you can use.

Can't wait to see the entire finished product!
Bought these charms on ebay for a few pounds:

Thought I could hang a couple with the small jars - add a little more detail to my costume. I was thinking the nice big square one, the cog (of course!) and maybe another one. I'm worried I've gone overboard with the details when I don't really have the clothing parts yet!! :lol:
Nice charms. I always say, the details can make it. Of course you do have to think about the actual clothing part of the costume. But the good thing is - you can make quick progress to the overall costume with a few well suited pieces of apparel. Pants, shirt, jacket... if you find the right items, you got yourself covered (so to speak). It's the small details that often take longer to put together, so it's not a bad idea to have those sorted first.
zombombie wrote:
ghostface wrote:Can't wait to see it all put together!
Neither can I! :lol:
That reminds me... often times when I'm making my costumes, I will get the idea early in the year and I'll have a decent picture of it in my mind. But by the time the fall arrives, sometimes I don't even have the costume started... but because of all the mental planning, I know exactly what components are needed. I'll quickly buy or make the parts, but it's often not until Halloween (or whatever party might come first) that I actually get to see what it all looks like together. In other words, there's not usually much "dress rehearsal." Even I get to be surprised with how all the pieces come together on the night.
I was SO excited to find this thread! I finally "gave in" and admitted my secret love of Steampunk, and my husband and I will be a steampunk (his costume will have some subtle star wars elements, and mine will have back to the future elements) couple for our anniversary portraits (we got married on Halloween, of course). I will make a thread with what I make and how when I get some stuff done! SO EXCITED!