Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By jen d.
Hey everyone!

I need a little help with my costume... I've got it all figured out... the dress, the boots, the gauze... everything but the hair. And I figured multiple Halloween fanatics are better than one! Anyone have any ideas on how to get some good Bride of Frankie hair? Maybe even a good suggestion on an updo to spray a streak of white into... I really don't want to have to resort to buying a wig! :?

-jen =)
By stormqueen29
For fast, cheap and easy you can't beat this:

Go to a decent hair salon and ask for the strongest hair freeze product they carry.

Go home, put a bunch of it in your hair, then lay on your bed with your head hanging over the side and brush your hair out until it's all falling back from your head. The further you lean over, the better. Put a pillow under your neck and you won't get such a bad crick in your neck.

Read a good book for 15 minutes or so until the freeze stuff dries and viola! instant Bride hair, ready to be streaked for a finishing touch.

A friend of mine did this with her mid-back length hair and it was VERY cool for being so cheap.

Gale
By PumkinChic
OMG!! I did exactly what stormqueen recommended last year and it looked perfect! Good luck!!
By jen d.
See, I knew it... thank you! How simple... why didn't I think of that myself? :D My hair might be a little long for that (mid-back), but I'm thinking of getting it cut before then anyhow. Again, thank you for some great advice!

-j
By Wile E. Coyote
There is a product from Joico called Spikerz and it is hair glue...it works sooooo good. They have it in black and white. I have used it on my son and it is like glue, it holds ANY type of hair. Good luck.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
And Jen... are you planning to carve the new Bride of Frankenstein stencil I just posted? I'd love to see a picture of your in costume, next to a pumpkin that matches your outfit.
By jen d.
Wile E - thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out... black AND white, how perfect!

Ryan, you had no idea how excited I was when I saw that stencil today... you can bet I'm going to carve her!
By finklemyer
Friend of mine had a 12'' mohawk, used egg whites and a bit of sugar to glue it up
By Jessi
I've heard you can take a 2 liter bottle or other cylinder type object and attach it to your head with some bobby pins...then you pull your hair all up around it and fasten it at the top with a tie. My friend did this when she was being Cindy Lou Who last year.
By James
I know it's not perfect, as far as the traditional image of the Bride (then again, we are going as our own versions of Mr. and Mrs. Monster), but my wife plans to forego the "beehive" look and instead is going to make her hair really frizzy, and the simply die it black with two thick white bangs hanging down.

I think this will look just fine.

In fact, she's already sick of my begging her to stay in costume after the party's over and everyone has left for the night. :twisted:

J.N.
By jen d.
:oops:

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to get a picture with my pumpkin(s)...

Long story short, don't have five people on one side of a picnic table with your pumpkins on the other... it's like a really, really unfair game of see-saw. :? I do have to say though, that the Headless Horseman stencil was, by far, my favourite of the season. I hate picking favourites but this one was just too easy. Thanks for another successful season of Zombie Pumpkins, Ryan! <3

-jen