Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
You have stumbled upon a most interesting mission. Find me a costume idea so horrific, so terrifying that the children of my neighborhood will run scattering and possibly receive nightmares for a few months to come. I shall reward you with... affection.

However, it is not so easy, see... My partner is a horse. We must have a matching theme so that we together may once again rule the neighborhood.

I was thinking of something unique. Perhaps an angel of death theme, but I can't quite decide. I also thought about being Samara from The Ring, as she can scare horses to their doom and I thought that was clever. However, the last time I dressed up as Samara, people were absolutely clueless to who I was. Hair over your face while riding is also a bit of a hazard.

Here are my requirements:
  • Must not be TOO bulky for either me or my horse.
  • Idea must not get caught up in the legs of my horse, his eyes, my eyes, or my movement.
  • I want a super-creepy costume. Imagine it.
Can you handle it? OF COURSE YOU CAN. If you can't, I will be forced to set your pumpkins on fire.
By Steve-o
Why not a RingWraith from LotR?
By Liderc
Ring wraith would be awesome, maybe even the Witch King of Agma(Spelling) himself(As portrayed in PJ's 3rd film). That would scare the s*** outta most people I know just from riding on a horse with black flowing robes with a raw metal pointy mask. Obviously my first thought was headless horseman, but done too often.
By Tkaraoke
If you really want to scare the neighbors you can go as Lady Godiva
:smile:

How about a dead civil war rider with blood and guts all over his uniform? Headless Horseman?
By JenTheStrange
you wouldn't really hurt my pumpkins? ........... would you ?????
I so would! But not before redecorating them to look absolutely horrible, BWHAHA!
Why not a RingWraith from LotR?
I actually looked it up now and it looks SO cool... Except that my horse is white with black spots. Perhaps we could be the rejected Ring Wraith! And then people could sing humiliating songs about the only Ring Wraith with a white horse. 8)

Perhaps I can think of something, as I DO have a massively flowing cape that I could use and the costume itself doesn't look technical at all.
Ring wraith would be awesome, maybe even the Witch King of Agma(Spelling) himself(As portrayed in PJ's 3rd film).
Woah! I love the spiked helmet thingy! I don't know how I could make it, but I'd like to give the idea a thought or two.
If you really want to scare the neighbors you can go as Lady Godiva

How about a dead civil war rider with blood and guts all over his uniform? Headless Horseman?
That's actually been a big joke of ours, Lady Godiva. :lol: THAT would scare the neighborhood into a protest.

The dead civil war rider is a very original idea, I admit! But I'm a girl, would that matter? That really does spark my imagination, though. Fake blood galore! Wee! I could practice making fake cuts and having an imaginary gash on my horse or shot wounds would be cool.

What would also be fun: running down the street on horseback screaming that the British are coming. :lol:

Keep the ideas coming! These are great.
By Tkaraoke
How about a Barbarian or wicked witch?
By Steve-o
Something else you might want to consider is checking into your local lore to see if there are any spooky stories you can draw some ideas off of. Check with your library to see if there are any books on ghost stories from your area.
By Tkaraoke
Or how about a horse back version of The Corpse Bride?
By JenTheStrange
How about a Barbarian or wicked witch?
Oh, that's interesting too. I don't know how scary a Barbarian can be and I've never heard of a wicked witch on horseback, but it's definitely a good start.
Something else you might want to consider is checking into your local lore to see if there are any spooky stories you can draw some ideas off of. Check with your library to see if there are any books on ghost stories from your area.
Good idea! I can look up some lore online maybe, but I don't think our little town has much spooky history to it. Nothing that anybody could identify, anyway. I'll see!
Or how about a horse back version of The Corpse Bride?
That sounds pretty different too! I am a big fan of Tim Burton, but I'd have to distort it a bit to make it way spookier. Last thing I want are some kids running up to me, wrapping their arms around me, and saying that some day I will explode into paper butterflies. :P I do like the idea, though. It would be a big creative challenge.

Once I find a good idea, I will sketch it out on paper for you all to see.
By sissy
how about the hessian (sp) from sleepy hollow with johny depp
he was scary
By texmaster
I'm thinking The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as well.

Cover your head to look headless with a black cape, wear some flame retardant gloves and hold a hollow pumpkin full of lighter fluid or other flammable liquid, light and then take off rideing laughing evily throughout the neighborhood!

I'd soil my shorts if I was a kid seeing that coming towards me!
By JenTheStrange
That sounds a little dangerous considering that there is a big chance I could catch SOMETHING on fire (as I typically do). Also, riding a horse during twilight around others requires some intense attention which I feel covering my face with material (other than a mask) will hinder.

Hrm, I'll figure something out.

Note: I also wouldn't mind NOT riding the horse, so if you have any ideas (wounded Civil War costume was a good idea) for a riderless horse, that's cool too.
By Liderc
Yeah I would suggest not covering your face at all, even a mask may hinder your periphrial vision, but im sure your a seasoned rider. at the moment dont have any ideas got a horrible head ache.. happy halloween!