Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By nosferatu
That's fab! I like the fact that the photo is taken casually walking in a car park. Love it! Do you have any close up pics?
By robanna
100 people must have taken pics with me but my wife only took one so no close up shots.

I made the scthye. It plywood painted to look rusty and attcheched to a sunflower stem (it's all I had around but am look for a long stick).

wal mart mask. Gloves from goodwill. And I made the rest; pants. Hooded cape/cloak. Black 4xl shirt over shoulder pads. And of course the stilts.
By pagemaster1993
I'm going to have to make a scythe cause all the one's at the stores are too short.
By CorpseBride
That is fantastic!!! What a great costume! I have always wanted to be something larger than life for Halloween, but I fear that I would not fair very well on stilts! :lol:
By robanna
I think stilts are easier than most people think. But I must say stilts with the limited vision of a mask and a cape blowing around on your legs was a challenge.
By pagemaster1993
robanna wrote:I think stilts are easier than most people think. But I must say stilts with the limited vision of a mask and a cape blowing around on your legs was a challenge.
I know capes can be annoying when it's windy, trust me when I wore mine for Trick-Or-Treating Thursday it kep coming all the way around me.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Fantastic! Nice job posing with kids in that photo (who are crouching down, no less) to make your Reaper look even taller! :wink: If I saw this grim fella come for me, I'd run for sure.

Tall costumes are great, anything that messes with the expected proportions of the body is a good effect. One of these years I'm going to do a costume on stilts.
By suzika
Awesome. I love the added height.