Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By monstermash
I need blood... fake blood. Last year i bought Snazaroo Dark Gel Blood but the problem is it's not very dark. For my costume i want to look like ive been dead for a while so my blood needs to be very dark.

Has anyone used a really good dark blood? I'd love to know instead of buying lots of different ones and trying them. (I'm Scottish, I don't like spending money :P )
Does anyone swear by a particular product? Or should i just kill something and use the real thing. :twisted:
By GUS
Real blood stinks!

what was wrong with the snazaroo there are several types, which did you get applied to what item & colour?
By monstermash
Snazaroo special fx gel blood. Applied it to a prosthetic on my face and arm.
I just mixed a little black paint in with it which made it a bit better. I thought snazaroo would do the trick but i was a bit dissapointed. It was too pink rather than dark red/ almost black.
By Nikki
You know.. I don't know the name of it.. I'll have to dig it out.. but normally the Bottles of Blood .. you know, the little Oil Jug looking bottles usually have a pretty realistic appeal to them.. Mine I have had for over 5 years and haven't run out since.. BUT.. I'd check out Spirit and see what kind of big bottles they offer because I have never been displeased with any of those ... I know what I'm saying is pretty vague but I hope it helped a bit...

I'll dig it out later and make another reply to this post with it's name/brand
By GUS
which type? you are not making yourself clear.

Theatre blood 2 types gel blood 2 types, all differing in viscosity & colour eg fresh & dark, look on your bottle for specific type, which might be part of the problem..

I use (as it was free from the distributor) dark gel & dark theatrical 9gel for around wounds & to make pronounced / raised cuts..
The other thing, as snazaroo is a uk concern call them on

Tel. 01643 707659
Snazaroo

http://www.snazaroo.com/products/specia ... materials/

Ask to speak to technical based on achieving the correct effect having made a purchase & being dissapointed, they are there to help.
you can mention one of their midland web retailers suggested you call based on lack of information for achieving effects (esp at halloween) on their site.
By monstermash
Sorry Gus, it is a dark gel blood. That's what it says on the back. Adding black paint did work pretty well so if I don't find any other good ones I will use that.
Sadly know Spirit stores in the UK that I'm aware of. :cry:
By DevilxKat
You could go the diy route...chocolate syrup or corn syrup with blue/red food coloring.
By monstermash
I read a few DIY blood recipes. Ive bought some Mehron dark blood to try. It's not arrived yet but i'm anxious to see how it goes.
By hkzombie
funny you should ask about getting the good stuff... if it were safe i would be happy to donate my blood to you for your costume, not to mention im actually donating blood today! :D
By monstermash
Good job on donating blood HK! I keep meaning to do it myself.

Ok, the Mehron dark blood is excellent. Great colour and very thick. Tiny pic but this is what it looks like: