Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By SuperSonic
Ryan I must ask how you came by these contacts. I'm contemplating using blue ones for my Lightyear costume. So I must ask, what kinds of places offer these things.

Eye Contacts
By CombichristGirl
you can order them pretty much anywhere online but you do need an Rx to get them even if you dont need them to correct your vision
By Zombie Pumpkins!
My costume contacts are by Wild Eyes (their "White Out" style). Here's their site:

http://www.wild-eyes.com/

But there are plenty of other companies out there, I'm sure.

Even if you don't need lenses for vision correction, they are still considered medical devices so you'd need an eye exam first.

I went to a local vision center near me, and asked if they offer such contacts. They get a deal on these costume lenses, so they offered to give me the eye exam and place the order for the lenses.

When they came in, I went back to the vision place to pick them up. And they gave me a nice lesson on how to put contacts in (I don't wear glasses and never had contacts previously)
By jen d.
SuperSonic, I see that you are in Canada... and you are in luck!

http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/

I've ordered from them before, great shipping time and you can't really beat the prices. As scary as it is, you can just click and order your prescription (if thats what you require). Handy for me, because I already know my proper prescription... could see how that would go awry though. Good luck!
By Ajax
Holy expensive much.
By CorpseBride
If ordering from Clearly Contacts. Use the discount code: ENTBOOK15 It gets you either 15% off or free shipping! I just ordered my halloween contacts :D
By mesmark
Ajax wrote:Holy expensive much.
Yes, they are. My wife paid about $45 for her set one year. The rest of the costume was really cheap so we didn't mind and the effect was well worth it. People commented on her eerie eyes for quite a while.

No prescription here. I think she just ordered them online.
By hkzombie
mesmark wrote:
Ajax wrote:Holy expensive much.
Yes, they are. My wife paid about $45 for her set one year. The rest of the costume was really cheap so we didn't mind and the effect was well worth it. People commented on her eerie eyes for quite a while.

No prescription here. I think she just ordered them online.
That looks pretty wicked! I don't even know what to be for Halloween yet, but I bet it would throw people off If I got a pair! I already wear contacts, I just hate it when your eyeballs get dry!
By purple1worm
hkzombie wrote:I just hate it when your eyeballs get dry!
I hate to sound like a commercial but.. There's a visine for that! LOL! :D
By nosferatu
They do look great but please be careful and definitely see an optician first and follow their advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10962767

This is an article about American teenagers who are buying Lady Gaga lenses and putting their eyesight at risk.
By hkzombie
purple1worm wrote:
hkzombie wrote:I just hate it when your eyeballs get dry!
I hate to sound like a commercial but.. There's a visine for that! LOL! :D
Very true! :D However, I tried menthol drops for your eyes and man they burn!!!
By CorpseBride
mesmark wrote:What's with the "no vision" contact lenses ??? Want to be blind for the night? You'll look great but you won't be able to see any of the reactions, your friends, that lamp pos ... %&$# ouch!
:lol: I know right?!? What is the point? I guess they would be pretty cool for photo shoots and such, but...that is about it!