Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By zombombie
I think I'm going to start on my costume this week - going as a rotten zombie :D

I have liquid latex, make up, and white contact lenses coming my way this week, but I really want to get a start on the clothing. I already have a bloodied up long sleeved tee that I'm going to use, but I'm not sure what else to go with. I think I'll use an old pair of trainers and jeans and wreck those as well. Sadly, I doubt I can top Ryan's zombie suit! That suit could be a movie prop! :)

So who has what planned?! :)
By GUS
Ez, a t-shirt will generally look like a last minute smeared & badly ripped costume (half-hearted) get to a charidee shop & ask them specifically for a cheap nasty suit that can simply be trashed for halloween purposes (the unpaid helpers will get a kick out of looking for you as stuff comes in (I like the heart foundation shop as my local snoop for stuff source)..

Snazaroo are the best (imho) for blood gel dark & light. it works well for raised cuts & the like, & given time to set stays nicely where put (applicator bottle, it does stain, like all blood colours)..
comes in 75ml bottles for around £4.00.
practice, practice.

some good fx with some snazaroo, it's UK produced & good for theatre & allsorts, top brand.

have a look at their site & range of colours, we have around 18 of their facepaints to make a good versatile palette, though they do small combined theme sets too.
gang together with your mates & costs come down, a small stipple sponge & a few other bits , & it's always easier practising & applying on each other!
..esp with a few brews.
By zombombie
GUS - you're spot on.

The more I've thought about it the better a suit would look. Like I've been buried ;)

I'll start hitting the charity shops after this weekend looking for old suits.

I love snazaroo make up, I've got a bunch of it already in different colours, but will pick up a few more so I can get that authentic zombie tinge :)
By GUS
Let me know what you are after, it might be worth tagging them onto my order & letting you have em at cost, theres bug all margin in, but every penny counts.
(i'll check prices if you let me know)