Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Kittie
This year, I ordered a generic witch costume. I figured it goes with the Harry Potter theme which they are doing at our local musuem that I help out at. So I wanted to be in theme a bit. I ordered it on Friday, it should be here soon!!! WHOO HOOO!!

My husband will be Jack Skellington yet again this year. He loves that costume and so do I! It's one of the few I have ever gotten him to wear!

So what are you going as this year?
By SuperSonic
Ghostbusters, who you gonna call? ME!!!

I'm just going as a Ghostbuster i belive in one of my posts i have a pic of it up in this section as a FB link instead ogf the boots in that pic im using my dads winter boots which will look more like what they wore i still need the elbow pads though
By SaneInsideInsanity
zombie circa 1940 or earlier depending o what i find there a huge costume sale this weekend from one of the theater companies in the city (MTC at thier main stage 1-5 sat if anyone is here) That i want to hit up but im work im trying to recruit my bf to find me something pretty
By Raven
I want to be a vampire.. I can't help it with Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, and True Blood.
By nosferatu
I will be Nosferatu this year. Shock!

I considered the use of prosthetics for ears and false teeth etc but the sticking point was shaving my head. When my daughter was 18 months old, I had my hair clippered really short and she didn't like it. In fact, it scared her so much that I had to wear a hat on my head for a few weeks until it had grown to an acceptable length.

Unfortunately, explaining to clients why I suddenly have a bald head would also be far too much hassle. Most would think it was due to illness. If I were to explain that I had shaved it for Halloween, they would change their minds and have me as mentally ill instead. Therefore, I have invested in a decent latex mask which is due in about ten days. The jacket I am still trying to source.

By GUS
plenty of goth clothing sites nos!
By paddy_babe
I'll be dressing up as a vampire or sexy witch... havent decided yet.
(I was tempted to wear a short top and paint a pumpkin on my 'bump' its big enough lol!)
By nosferatu
My mask arrived today. It works even in broad daylight. My wife and daughter had gone out when they came back through the door, I jumped out to say hello! So many screams and its not even Halloween.

By GUS
Nos have you got a dummy for the mask? ..(that is so tempting)
..but i'll behave, to help keep the shape of the mask when not being worn?

if it's a wee bit baggy & droopy in places wev'e stuffed ours out with cotton wool in things like horn / ear hollows, etc..

ideally though you could do with a styrene foam mannequin head for long term storage.
By nosferatu
Yeah, thanks for the advice. It does say to keep it stuffed to keep the shape etc and the dummy might not be a bad idea. On the hunt, for long, extended fingers / fingernails now
By GUS
a balloon will do for now, balanced on a bowl / jar type thing...

plenty of good cheap creepy hands available, let me know if you can't find any good ones & i'll trawl & link later..
By Kittie
In case you missed it, here is my costume this year!

By nosferatu
Love the necklace and the costume looks incredibly well made.

Is that a funkin to carve or has it already been carved?
By Kittie
The costume is very well made. I paid $45 for it, and I am glad I did. It was well worth it!

Yes that is an uncarved Funkin! I just bought it two days ago hehe. Not sure what to put on it yet. . .