Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By monstermash
Im watching a victorian theatrical dress on ebay just now. finishes in three days but im not spending over £40 on it because my prosthetics etc are £30, Lovetts wig is £20 and ive got kins to buy and stuff to buy for my props as well. And were still in (dare i mention it) a recession!!
I wish i was handy with a needle and thread though, i'd love to make a really good costume.
By SaneInsideInsanity
It takes time to make them but i sew a lot of my own clothes so i can pull of a dress in a day ir two but it's still a lot of work and unless i find i good sale fabric can get pricey. I re did an gothic curly hair wig to look like Mrs Lovette i dint know she actually had a costume wig yet. I think the wig cost me 10 dollars cdn originally.
By monstermash
The wig is nothing like Mrs lovetts hair in Tim Burtons film but its quite a good victorian one.
On a side not ive just been for a look at a local auction and ve spotted two vintage storm lamps which would be good for my props. the auctions tonight so i might bid but i dont want to pay over £10 for them. Also i noticed he had a really creepy manequin hidden away but it wasnt in the auction so i will be asking about that too.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Nice sounds awesome. I can't wait to see what you come up with you should defiantly post some pics, when all is said and done
By GUS
M.M.
Storm lamps are generally available for around £3.50 new (even with schott glass) ..so google should be your port of call!

I guess thats what you are looking at rather than a vintage tilley lamp?
By monstermash
Ahh thanks gus, i might just do that. My dad is still at the auction so im waiting to see if ive won them. They were all rusty looking with great glass so i couldn't resist. I can never resist some old tat!! :)
Ive just come back from the local recycling place/dump where i picked up loads of wood to make some coffins and some gravestones. The best thing is its all FREE!!!!!