Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
I'll post more pictures from Halloween night (as well as some background info on this costume) but since I have some pics already, I thought you'd like to see how I look today.

You can call me "Rotting Ryan" or perhaps "Undead Ted."

(more photos below...)
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By nosferatu
I have the same look first thing of a morning........

Kinda disappointed as I was hoping for a revival of your ALF look! :lol:

Amazing! Is there anything at Halloween that you don't do great? Washing the dishes perhaps? Just something small that us mere minions can relate to....? No, thought not.

Another show stealer, save the best post till last!

Take a good look at those pics though Ryan....in ten years that's what your hair colour will look like and that authentic zombie look? It's called having kids and being married!

As for the teeth....well, those are British teeth through and through
By Raven
Holy crap but are your eyes scary!! As usual the costume is fantastic! I'd love to hear what kind of reaction you are getting from people. You're simply... well.. .gross. :D
By mudd
great costume, the only thing missing was worms or maggots coming out of your face.
By badgers
OMG That is totally freaking awesome!!! I love it. Hope you had the opportunity to leap out from behind some bushes or trees and scare the you know what out of some people :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Looking at pictures of your costumes over the years ranks right up there with getting new patterns. I always look forward to seeing them. Awesome job as always, sir! I wish I could do something like that.
By Sind3315
I bow down to your great skill!!!! You look friggin' amazing!
By Tkaraoke
That looks like a studio quality makeup job! Someone get George Romero on the line! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
For those interested in what went into this costume...

My forehead and cheeks were a foam latex prosthetic from Scream Team (their "Creature" design). It's adhered to my face with spirit gum, with edges sealed with liquid latex. It moved and wrinkled realistically with my face, which was great.

I added a bit more liquid latex around the edges of my face, and peeled it off in spots to simulate some scarring/decay, and added gel blood to the holes. A little more gel blood around my mouth as well. The blood is thick and dark. Stays wet, but stays put.

The appliance on my face (and exposed skin) was painted with a few colors of rubber mask grease paint, and set with powder.

The contact lenses are by Wild Eyes (their "White Out" style). I don't need corrective lenses and have never worn contacts before, so I had to get an eye exam specifically to be sized for these contacts.

The teeth are made by Dental Distortions (their "Dead Zed" model). They are "veneer" style special effect dental prosthetics that cover only the front of your teeth. You custom fit them to your teeth with the supplied low-melt thermoplastic. (those are my real teeth in the above photo though, I wouldn't buy fake teeth that look just like my own)

It took about 2 hours to do the make up the first time I wore it. And about 1 hour to remove it all. I used rubbing alcohol and spirit gum remover to slowly remove it so I could reuse it (and not yank off my eyebrows in the process).

The shirt and suit came from Goodwill and were actually the cheapest part of the costume. I cut up the edges of the clothing with a razor blade (and made a few holes here and there) and then roughed up all these cut edges with a stiff wire brush, for a nice tattered look.

I painted the clothing with a water based latex paint. First I wet the clothes thoroughly, and then brushed on layers of brown, white, black, and green... and then red and black in the front. I used a spray bottle to mist the paint, so it would bleed together further, for a realistic blended look. Thanks to the Undertaker at Haunted Hot Sauce for giving me the tips on this step.

Once dry, the painted suit was totally clean, so I could sit down or grab people without fear of staining anything. I may have left permanent mental scars though. :twisted:
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By nosferatu
I love the picture of you drinking the pop.....through a straw! Presumably so as not to smudge your make-up.

It is a brilliant costume and one I might just "borrow" although given my already greying hair, British complexion and British teeth, I'm not sure many people will be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the postings on where you got your stuff as well. The teeth are amazing! Funnily enough, I hadn't realized you had done anything to your forehead, I just thought you had a natural"Major Chip Hazard of the Commando Elite"look. So apologies on that one but it just shows you how good the effects were
By CombichristGirl
nosferatu wrote:I love the picture of you drinking the pop.....through a straw! Presumably so as not to smudge your make-up.

Thanks for the postings on where you got your stuff as well. The teeth are amazing!
i was thinking teh same thing :)