Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Meya
I have never tried the zombie thing. I have no idea why, but this coming weekend there's a Zombie Ball at the club I go to and I've just gotta go! I'm pretty sure I can put together clothes in no time, but I'm drawing a blank for makeup.

I'm not sure if I want to mess with any of the fake scars and stuff since I plan to be dancing and sweating. I don't want stuff falling off. However, I might reconsider if someone can recommend something that doesn't look bad.

I'll take whatever help I can get! Thanks! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
If you wanted to put appliances on your face to simulate some gore, spirit gum should hold them in place if you take your time and make sure you stick the everything down well. Foam latex appliances are best, and will move with your face (compared to the cheapo rubber latex types that are fairly hard).

You can do some pretty crazy zombie effects with makeup alone though, which might be more comfortable for shakin' your bones at the club. Depends which you value more... comfort vs. makeup effect.

Try searching for inspiration online by looking at other people's zombie costumes. Flickr, for example, is a good place to find pictures of costumes. Here's a search for zombie makeup. Scroll through pictures like that, and see if you find anything that gives you ideas for how you'd like to do yours.
By Meya
There are tons of great ideas there! Thanks!

My friend and I have decided to get ready together, so who knows what kind of mischief we'll get into. I better make sure the camera is charged!

Since I haven't decided on a costume this year, I might be tempted to do this again in a few weeks if it goes well and then I might do a better job too. It looks like I have Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun off. Could I possibly come up with a costume every night? Hmmmm.... :twisted:
By CombichristGirl
liquid latex toilet paper and some zombie face paint have a look.
i might mention:
a. my daughter was wanting to go in the house
b. i didnt get to make the colors and blood darker(goes with reason a)
c. by the time i got picture the blood that was on there smeared
d. other than clown style and some kitty whiskers i have never messed with face paint before
so all in all this piece was ok. i will be playing more though because i wanna do zombie this year. check youtube and u should find some tuts on it and its so cheap
here i sharpened it so u could see more detail
By Batgirl
Last year I hosted a Zombie Dinner and since I was cooking and running back and forth, it wasn't smart for me to be fully zombified... so, here's what I did:

My brother applied all the make-up for me. He did a little bit of coloring to my face to look sick, like the worst flu ever (nothing too dramatic, just enough to look off and realistic), then he did a zombie-bite on my forearm. Basically, the "costume" was a little bit of make-up, and some gauze to look freshly bitten, and I could "turn" at any point. It was really easy, comfortable for me, and everyone loved it!

Here are two pictures of my bite. They're too big (sorry, having trouble shrinking them), but you can at least see some detailed work: i.e. bruising, infection, bleeding through the bandages, etc.

Let me know if you're having trouble seeing them. Hope this helps!
By CombichristGirl
eeewwww! yucky lol
is it bad that i wanna poke at it lol
good work :D
By Sind3315
I found this kit on the woochie site, they create and sell lots of halloween make up and latex appliances, here's the link for the zombie makeup kit:

http://store.cinemasecretsonline.com/ezmu007.html

This link is for the latex appliance which looks like it just goes over the eyes. Granted it is more expensive and you have to paint your face and the appliance yourself, it would yield great results.

http://store.cinemasecretsonline.com/fo053.html

or you could always dress like Rob Zombie. :lol:
By 500cdn
There Are Some Great Videos On You Tube on Zombie Makeup
By Meya
Oh wow at all the ideas!

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to be a fresh zombie or a not-so-fresh zombie. The ball is also open to zombie victims. :D The options are just endless.

I'm friends with the girl who came up with the idea and is more or less hosting it, and she told me that there is going to be a pre-party with a makeup artist working for tips! Maybe I'll go check that out, and I'll be hitting the thrift shops tomorrow to see if there's anything that's just too good to pass up.

I'm just so excited! In fact, I'm actually giving my hand a break from carving Flesh Feast just for this. I'll have to get you guys pictures!