Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By pagemaster1993
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with those inflatable costumes? I'm planning a cosplay for next year, and was thinking about getting one as a base.

With next year not only being my 30th birthday, but it's also the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park, so I wanted to do something for my local con.

I was looking at this one from Halloween Costumes:

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/infla ... stume.html

So if anyone has any experience with these inflatable costume, and can help with any tips or suggestions I would really appreciate it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great costume idea. Who doesn't love dinosaurs? That's why the Jurassic franchise is still going after 30 years.

I don't have any personal experience with inflatable costumes, but I know they come with a small fan blower that you have to run on battery to keep them inflated. Just in case you weren't aware of the slight sound and airflow you'll have inside.

As you can tell from all the videos online of these kind of costumes, they're alway super eye catching when people see them running around in public. You'll be the hit of any costume party or Halloween parade, getting lots of laughs.

But also keep in mind the added size of your body when wearing one of those. If you're going to a cramped social event, your blow-up raptor won't be giving people much personal space. You might be squeezing through small doors.

You can always turn off the fan and let the costume deflate if you're in a tight space. But of course, with the costume you have in mind, then you'll look like you're wearing a baggy dress of blue fabric. :lol:

Are there any other particular concerns or ideas you're looking for advice on?
That pretty much covers it. My main concern was with the inflation, and battery power.

For the rest of my Jurassic Park costume ideas were: maybe a wrangler work shirt with park ranger patches, a wide brimmed hat, and I found on: Etsy: I.D. Badges and Redbubble: Adopt A Raptor t-shirt.

I think I'm just going to go for it. My other idea was to buy one of those P.J. like costumes of the Dilophosaurus and one of those yellow Jurassic Park Raincoats, so I'd look like the Dino took Nedry's cloths.