Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Lala
I realized I never shared these. It was so much fun to be Morticia!

My costume was a dress from goodwill that I added fabric to - the bottom and the sleeves. plus I wore a black corset over the dress.

Ben's costume - I had bought the gomez jacket YEARS ago at a thrift shop. I made the bow tie out of a tie I thrifted. We borrowed the fencing foil from my dad and Ben went out and bought a real cigar. He also grew the mustache and I loved that so much!
amandap80 liked this
Excellent costumes! I've seen you share them somewhere before (maybe Facebook) but thank you for posting here, so others might also see. These deserve to be seen. :clap:

You know what I really appreciate about these costumes? I love that you sourced the costume parts from different places, at different times, and made outfits that look straight out of a movie or TV show.

It's possible to buy pre-made costumes in a bag from Halloween stores. And if that's your thing, there's nothing wrong with it. It surely can be convenient and affordable. But if you've seen my costumes, you know I'm a fan of assembling something that looks more "real" with quality clothing.

And that doesn't have to be expensive. As you've shown, you can find great stuff at thrift stores. And because of the cheap prices, you don't have to feel bad about modifying them. I've done my fair share of painting, sewing, cutting and tearing apart old suits.

Thanks for carving the matching pumpkins too. I love it. And your photography skills really shine in the portrait with Thing and the roses. Can't wait to see what you do this year.
amandap80 liked this