Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Nikki
I'm making a scarecrow.

Now, I need advice for the HEAD. My original plan was to use a Pumpkin and carve the face in to it as best I can. Print the actual persons face off the net and try my best. Put 2 small glow sticks for the eyes and some incense inside ther mouth for cigarette smoke effect.

My second idea was to use an actual mannequins styrofoam head. Only problem is it doesn't fit on the scarecrow I've made. It looks damn near lifelike and took me several hours for the frame alone. I filled everything else in using a s***load of tape and newspaper. I will post pics after it is finished BUT! I NEED ADVICE PLEASE!

The scarecrow is..*dun dun dun!* Kurt Cobain. I wanted to do mr Jim Morrison but the clothing is a bit pricey and I already had most of Kurt's threads.

ADVICE!
:shock:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Any luck with this yet? If the mannequin head doesn't look like the right size, I'd ditch that idea. Personally, I'm a fan of pumpkin-headed scarecrows. It might not look like a real person, but I guess that's the idea. A pumpkin head might be more fun and unique. Do you think you'll be able to get a pumpkin to stay in place? Can't say I ever stuck a pumpkin on a scarecrow body.... yet!
By Nikki
It'll stay on! We make the frame from plastic tubing from the hardware store so it should go through the bottom of the pumpkin and hold and electronic light in the center :)

I already ditched the mannequin head and am using a pumpkin with their smiley face logo for the head. I already have the wig ready so I'm just putting the finishing touches on it.

I'm going to make a fallen rockstar every year for Halloween. I'm going to make Jim Morrison next year...and convienient that you have one! :wink:

I'll post pictures once it's finished