Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Raven
I decided this year I wanted to be a ghost, simple and easy right? Yeah, until I decided I should glow and that a white face wasn't going to be enough. I tried using EL wire for the glow but didn't like it so I used the little "fairy" lights on copper wire. They made me look more like a sparkly Elsa from frozen from far away, but it worked out ok. My husband didn't dress up this year (BOO! HISS!). It was also windy and very cold and I was pretty much a frozen ghost.

Kimber wanted to be a ghost just like his momma!

Of course, I went to a cemetery for pictures. This year there were a few other people dressed up taking pictures. It was so COLD!

The glow.

This is my husband's little brother and his family. Baby bat, Daddy Werewolf, Mommy Mummy, and a monster spider. He was very clear that the "monster" part had to be added.

Husband's older brother and his family. Jacob is obsessed with everything WWII, so his costume was something to do with it. Older brother with light up mask, my sister in law as Vault Boy and our other nephew, Jax, as a Psycho from Borderlands.

And another thought I was playing around with before settling on a ghost.. I have no idea what I would have turned out to be.
Last edited by Raven on Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bravo020, DeadKing, amandap80 and 1 others liked this
By Raven
Bravo020 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:11 pm
Your make-up is incredible!!!!

Thanks! It's my favorite part about dressing up. I am going to try this again since I messed up a bit. Not for Halloween, but just because. :smile:

Bravo020 liked this
By shaft28
That spider eye is pretty amazing. Looks like some great costumes this year.
I'm glad you always do costumes, Raven. Based on your booing/hissing at hubby's lack of effort, I'm thinking that dressing up is important to you, and something you'll continue.

Love the ghost idea. I'd like to try something like this eventually. I love ghost costumes are are pure white, with elements that are sheer or lit up. That glowy ethereal feeling is really cool.

And you always do striking makeup too. The lines around your eyes and mouth look very cinematic, like some spirits and demons we've seen in recent horror movies. Makes you wonder if they have some disease in the veins, or if they're cracking apart, or... it invites a lot of speculation of their backstory and their demise.

I appreciate that you share photos of family and friends too. I never get sick of seeing costumes. These run the gamut, from classic spooks, to video game icons. I love that the spider insisted that he wasn't a regular spider. Clearly a monster spider! :lol:

Now that Halloween is over, don't stop creating. You seem to open to the whims of an artist type... trying new art forms, painting your face, coloring your hair again. Keep on showing your creative side!
By Raven
Thanks everyone!

I actually scared the hell out of myself, with myself. My husband was taking the pictures and then we'd hop back in the truck and drive over to the next headstone I thought might look cool. I decided to go back through the pictures and check to make sure they didn't all come out blurry or something before we left. As I'm quickly scanning through them individually, one of them blinked at me! I was already on the next picture by the time my brain registered what I saw and I seriously felt my heart drop. Somehow, I managed to do a very short video without realizing it. It played automatically. My husband still thinks it's hilarious I scared myself with myself.. :lol:

amandap80 liked this