Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Raven
This is the first year I wanted to be a certain character. I've always just put on makeup and been...something. I have not seen The Nun movie before, only glimpses of Valak in the second Conjuring movie. I had everything I needed in July. Unfortunately before Halloween when I wanted to go to an old cemetery for pictures I was putting on the costume wrong, after all it was my first time dressing as a nun.

My husband wanted to be a Plague Dr. He likes being creepy and unsettling and usually in all black. The only thing he was missing was a stick to poke people with.

Our new puppy, Satan, I mean Kimber didn't want to dress up so he just went without a costume.

We went to a Truck or Treat event at a church this year. My nephews who we usually go Trick or Treating with are both boyscouts and their troop was one of the groups handing out candy. My husband and I were asked numerous times if people could take our picture or pose with their kids or selfies with them and us. I've never had that happen before. Thankfully that night I realized how the costume was actually suppose to go on. It really was a lot of fun!

amandap80, DeadKing liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome job, Raven! I'm not surprised that people wanted to take photos with you and your husband. Isn't that fun? You're a bit like a celebrity, and you're free to act as strange as you want, because you're in character.

Valak is a nice choice. Popular this year, and really effective with the cracked face lines and ugly teeth. I love that you went to an event at a church. :pray: The gothic cemetery photos are great too.

Hubby's plague doctor mask is legit! I wouldn't mind doing a costume like that sometime, and finding the right mask is a huge part of it. He must have been an imposing presence, lurking silently in all black.

And Kimber literally is Satan, I see. :lol: From what I've heard, that's a very appropriate look. Hail Kimber! :evil:

I'm glad you had fun. Hope this filled you with the Halloween spirit and leads to more stunning costumes in the future.
By amandap80
FREAKY! If I saw you in the cemetery I might run, not ask for a photo! Great makeup - and those plague doctor masks are always so unsettling. CREEPY. Great stuff!