Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Italian Pulli
I'm trying to come up with ideas for a zombie costume and i want to make it myself, its going to be along the lines of a toxic waste spill since one of my haunted house rooms is going to revolve around that. Im wondering if anyone has any ideas, I just don't know where to begin.
By nosferatu
I suppose traditionally it would be rubber gloves , overalls, wellies that sort of thing. Maybe you could have a gas mask cut down the middle. One side of your face could then be made up to look like the burns of a toxic waste spill?
By SuperSonic
Seeing as most of us have great imaginations, we can all contribute.

My suggestion is similar to Nosferatu's. However different in its own way.

To start, I'd first assess what my costume entails (which you have). After that. I'd do a sketch of various ideas.

So I'm gonna go with this as my suggestion.

For the face, keep it gruesome. Your coming from a large chemical, possibly nuclear spill. I'd put the "Nuke" or "Biohazard" label on a yellow or white jump suit. A painters suit would be a good starting point I imagine. But make it like a suit that handles serious chems, as well as hooded.

A ventilator mask would be a solid idea. I mean. You don't want those chemicals in your system. I'd go with Nos's idea of having a break on one side, showing exposed, and chemically burned skin. As best as you can afford to.

Rubber or large boots are a must. Chemical handlers need that sort of thing. However. Zombies aren't prim and proper. So I'd make it look like you spilled something on them and the suit. Green glow in the dark paint of you can find it. And be liberal with it. I'd also ad a bit of red paint for a blood effect.

Large, black rubber gloves. Also with paint on them. :frank:

Lastly, I'd see if you can find some paint buckets you can mark with a Biohazard sign or a nuclear warning label. That way you can add to the whole theme.

Thats my suggestion anyway :)
By nosferatu
if you are careful enough you could find or make a small pocket or recess in the top of your costume, put yellow or green led in there along with some dry ice. Look like you were giving off toxic fumes. Bare in mind, its dangerous stuff and if it touches your skin it will burn but if you are careful enough there's no reason why it can't be done safely.
By Raven
nosferatu wrote:if you are careful enough you could find or make a small pocket or recess in the top of your costume, put yellow or green led in there along with some dry ice. Look like you were giving off toxic fumes. Bare in mind, its dangerous stuff and if it touches your skin it will burn but if you are careful enough there's no reason why it can't be done safely.
And if it does touch your skin you will at least be a unique ER patient. :)
By SuperSonic
nosferatu wrote:if you are careful enough you could find or make a small pocket or recess in the top of your costume, put yellow or green led in there along with some dry ice. Look like you were giving off toxic fumes. Bare in mind, its dangerous stuff and if it touches your skin it will burn but if you are careful enough there's no reason why it can't be done safely.
That sounds like a phenom idea Nos! I'd try it too if I wasn't afraid of it REALLY burning me. :lol:
By nosferatu
Yes, I can't stress enough how dangerous this stuff can be if not handled properly. It will burn very badly. However, if made properly and tested, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. I've had cocktails with dry ice in sealed stirrers with little holes in and they looked phenomenal.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Love the idea of a toxic zombie. A gas mask or respirator of some sort seems perfect.

Here are some images I found that may give you ideas.